Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: teenager kinda worried

teenager kinda worried

Hey
    my names Hope im 14 years old and im from Australia
    I was a on another forum on a different site nothing even about panic attacks but i was reading a topic about depression and it lead me to some sites about teenage depressions i was reading through this and it was talking about alotta stuff i didnt understand like i wrote down on a little peice of paper

"Anxiety, depression, panic attacks. obbsessive compsulsive disorder (O.C.D) & Agoraphobia"

i decided to follow up and research about these topics when i came across this site i was reading all the symptoms and i found out a whole side of me i never knew or even thought about before i was showing many of the symptoms and this started to scare me. i still wasnt really sure what actually happens when you have a panic attack so i read "My Story" section and i recognized alot of that story from myself iv never been to a doctor or a hosiptal or a therapist or anything before in my life i'v always been a healthy kid .. so i thought these symptoms i recognize from when i was just a kid
    can anyone help me?[?]

Hi Jaidan

Keep having a look around and find out what you can. If you think you may be suffering from some kind of anxiety dissorder then the first thing you need to do is build up a wealth of knowledge about it so that you know what your dealing with. Once you find out more about it then you can start pushing through it.

A trip to the doctor would be a good start though, just tell him how you feel and see what he thinks it is. He may send you to see a therapist which is good, they will tell you a lot about yourself and allow you to understand it a lot better.

You don't need to be scared either, although I suppose that is the nature of anxiety, but it's not like it's some kind of terminal ilness or anything, just means your more anxious than the average person really.

Keep asking questions on the boards. There's also a search facility at the top of the page so that you can search through the message boards for what your looking for.

mico

You could try this too Jaidan... http://www.paniccenter.net/

Someone recommended this site on the message boards, it's for help with anxiety but there is a test there to see if you suffer from an anxiety dissorder of any kind, it may shed some light on your situation.

Keep coming back to the boards though, everyone here is very friendly and will do their best to answer your questions.

mico

thnx mico will do thnx for ur help

Email me anytime love to help

~love jaidan~

No problem Jaiden, Keep us posted on how your getting on.

mico

Hi jaiden,
    I'm 40, and have suffered from panic for years, but I also found this site a bit scary when I first browsed through it. It can be like reading a Medical Encyclopedia sometimes, where you find something and think "Maybe I've got that"! You'll find a lot of support and advice in this site, but my recommendation to you as a healthy kid would be not to sit for hours in front of the PC worrying too much. Being outside in the fresh air is much nicer.

Jim

Hi Jaidan,

I definately applaud you for looking at this site and researching possible causes of your symptoms. However, I wouldn't worry about it much until you talk to your doctor about what's going on and then work from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Best

Chris

G'day
    thnx everyone, u'v helped, and that site mico gave me helped too, i did that test and it came up with alot of stuff but then my computer crashed and i didnt get to read it all so i must try again
    thnx again guys

~love jaidan~

ill let you guys know what the results of the test are

~love jaidan~

G'day again
    i just took the test again and the results came as such:

*Fear of public speaking
    *Social phobia/anxiety
    *generalized anxiety
    *post-traumatic stress
    *agorphobic anxiety
    *depressive symptoms

so where do i go from here like i dunno what can i do now with the information i have?

~love jaidan~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information