Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have a major cancer fear?!

Exclamation anyone have a major cancer fear?!

For the last few months out of nowhere ive been driving myself insane with cancer, convincing myself i have every type going, each month is a different one! Ive been reading information on HPV and its terrified me! Does anyone else ever just feel like crying as theyre so scared of it? Im only 23 and i know i should be enjoying myself but i cant snap out of it! Any suggestions on how to deal with it and just stop thinking about it?

Louise x

Re: anyone have a major cancer fear?!

it seems to be the first worryyou get with anxiety ,,stange but we feel so bad we think its got to be cancer,,, themind is a powerfull thing,, xx

You're on a health anxiety forum, we've all had every one going by now lol But it does suck. And HA isn't ageist, I was about 21 when it kicked off. And I had cancers generally only associated with 40+ people, like breast cancer, lung cancer. Of course I was the exception, so I had them! Now i'm older I cant believe how much time I wasted worrying about some things! But no one could tell me that back then, just like we wont be able to tell you! Its like you know deep down you're being completely irrational, but there is that little bit of doubt that says you really are ill. And that little bit of doubt wins out every time ey & stops you really enjoying anything in life fully! grrrrrr x

Well cancer is my number one fear. Only today I have managed to turn toothache into cancer after visiting good old Dr Google. When will I learn?

well a gf might help but i feel bad cus ive been putting all of this onto my bf :( Ive had the cancer fear since my grandad died and my friends dad recently died of it. I have another trip to my doctors monday, as soon as they tell me somethings fine another thing pops up:( Ive looked on amazon.co.uk and you can buy the linden method programme, expensive though!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfairy86 View Post
    well a gf might help but i feel bad cus ive been putting all of this onto my bf :( Ive had the cancer fear since my grandad died and my friends dad recently died of it. I have another trip to my doctors monday, as soon as they tell me somethings fine another thing pops up:( Ive looked on amazon.co.uk and you can buy the linden method programme, expensive though!
    Thats similar to what triggered mine back in my early 20's. Boyfriends step dad died of it. Could of blown me over with a feather, was convinced he would be ok, as he was only 57. Only old people got it I thought then!

i know i thought the same. He was only in his 50's and one of the healthiest people i knew! Strange how these things trigger in people. Youre totally right, i know its irrational thinking, I need to find a way of getting out of this thought pattern. Ive convinced myself i have bowel cancer, mouth, throat, lymphoma, vulva cancer etc and its taking over my life! :(

I can sympathise with you, cancer is my number one fear and over the past few years I have perceived it in many places.

Currently going through a stage of an ear infection/brain tumour! I know how bad it is when it is all you can think about and hope you feel better.

So glad to see that I'm not the only one that's worrying about such things, (sorry tho u all are!)
    I'm currently under the docs being treated for H Pylori, and for a few months I've had the sensation of food stuck, I've been told by 2 docs it's anxiety-when at the docs on tuesday re HP, the sensation of the lump in my throat was so bad, I ended up in tears over it, I was convinced it's a tumour, she assured me it's not and it is Globus.
    Today I was determined to ignore it, and I kind of did, didn't dwell on it-but I was still aware it was there-so my thoughts were still drifting back to the fact that it can't possibly be caused by anxiety, as I wasn't over anxious when it started, so it must be sinister.
    I desperately want to enjoy my life, my beautiful children but this is taking over my mind!!
    My dad died last year, he was old and had a stroke after being diagnosed with cancer of the osophegus-is it possible that psychologically I've triggered this in my head because of that?
    Soooo fed up of this.

this is my main anxiety and like all of you i have convinced myself ive had a few different types. how awful! I drive my husband up the wall with it! I currently have headaces and dizziness and you know what I'm thinking don't you ...........

Wish I could just forget about it but its an awful thing to suffer with and I find alot of people don't understand HA and just pass you off as a "Drama Queen"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information