Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: embarrassing question about citalopram & sex drive

Re: embarrassing question about citalopram & sex drive

ive been taking fluoxetine for about 8 months now and although i am 100% better mentally i have absolutely no interest in sex.I feel totally numb down below (sorry tmi) I thought it woudnt bother me as i just wanted the old me back,but my hubby's getting fed up now and although we,ve tried......i have no joy whatsoever and it is starting to upset me.Im thinking of asking my doc if i can change to Wellbutrin,but Im on 2 lots of meds for blood pressure and Ive heard some frightening reports of Wellbutrin and higher chance of seizure.....omg why does everything have a downside??!!

!

Ohh! like what?

Celexa is also known to cause ejaculatory problems. Generally, these problems are usually delayed ejaculation or the inability to ejaculate. In fact, Celexa can be used to treat men that have problems ejaculating too early.

In clinical studies where side effects of Celexa were documented, ejaculation problems occurred in up to 6.1 percent of men.

4 day (5mg) on this stuff and feel great. Tested my ejaculatory problem last night and erupted and was rock hard. But I dont think about sex as much

Its hard for me to tell if its affected my libido at all because I was disinterested in sex before taking citalopram too. I think it was part of my anxiety, I would get anxious and stressed about it and having low self esteem didn't help.

I have noticed that I felt more 'loving' towards my partner since taking it however, like I sometimes just feel warm rushes of love for him, although its kind of not sexual? This is depressing seeing as I'm only 25!

Your site is absolutely wonderful. Wish I'd found it when I was taking my anti depressants. Anyway, yes I found citalopram def affected my sex drive. One of the previous posts said they lost about 90%, that was what happened with me. Sex was just such an effort esp when you have a loving caring partner who you have had a brilliant sex life with before taking anti depressants.
    I came off them gradually with my GPs help and gradually my sex drive has returned, but it is not as strong as it was before. I am hoping that, in time it will return.
    I do have a related question, which again is quite embarrassing, has anyone out there had a problem with recurring cystitis after coming off citalopram. I am at present working with my practice nurse to get to the cause of the problem and after disgarding all the usual causes, i wondered if anyone else has suffered this too?

Welcome to the forums Foxy Miss. How long have you been off the tablets now?

still no return of sex drive .....after 16 months on Fluoxetine.....Im going to join a convent

ive been on citilopram for 3 weeks n my sex drive has gone through the roof, so its kinda swings n roundabouts

Martin I also had an initial surge in interest. That calmed back down though around week 4 and now I'd say I am back to normal. I think the startup phase throws all manner of impulsive feelings at most of us.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

im pleased to announce that i have had my first o in nearly 2 years of being on fluoxetine!!!!!!!!! sorry if this is too much info,but im elated!!! just thought id share that with u all

Completly agree, no sex drive at all on citalopram ! I think it increases a little in the early days of treatment because it raises your mood and stress anxiety and depression are not great for libido! Problem is you then become numb. Good news though....I am currently weaning off citalopram and my mojo has returned lol x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information