Thread: high blood pressure

high blood pressure

I have just joined this site and my history is quite complicated. However for the last 4 weeks I have been suffering badly with anxiety related symptoms. My main concern at the moment is that I have been unable to stop my whole body shaking and my Blood pressure is raised. I am under the care of my GP and I have been given Diazepam but nothing seems to be bringing this under control - its like I am in a permanent state of shock and I can feel the adrenalin through my body. I am worried that this will bring on a heart attack or stroke because my BP & pulse is constantly racing and high. Any advice?

Re: high blood pressure

hiya welcome to my club,,hun ihave had a high bp for years now,,just after i was diagnosed with breast cancer my bp went through the roof as you can imagine,,my doctors got me on four pills now which has it under slight control,,but if i go through an upset it shoots back up again,,my doctor said i had the bp of an 80 year old at one point 170 / 120,, he was very concerned and yes i do get the shakes,,and very dizzy, i lost a few stone which helps no end,,plus cutting out salt ,,and drink plenty of fluids,,have you tryed the benecol stuff they help too,,try to keep calm as its a cycle,,you worry terribly about it and that sends it up again, im terrible for my home bp machine,,that sets mine off lol, oh and have you thought you might have white coat syndrome ,,i have so i now go to the nurse to have my bp checked,,if you need to chat im always on two three times a day ,theresa

I've always had high b.p., but it went sky high when my anxiety started. The more you worry the worse your b.p. can get - please try not to worry about it.
    Blood pressure chart:
    http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medi...d-pressure.htm
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Thank you for your replies, I have been suffering with health anxiety since April 2003 when I was pregnant and had an unexplained neurological event - an off the cuff remark from a doctor in A&E who said I think you had a mini stroke threw me into a complete state of panic - I thought I was going to drop down dead any minute. I seemed to get this under control and had little panic attacks but have had so many diagnostic tests and recently been diagnosed with a brain condition that is not serious. I had to have a lumbar puncture and my consultant brought forward my appointment by 2 months stating that the LP results needed to be discussed. I had 6 weeks of worrying and then when I turned up at the appointment he said "I dont know why you are here". This seemed to send my body into shock and I have been unable to get out of it. The shakes and feeling of dread is the worst thing I have ever experienced. I am waiting for counselling and I am seeing another Neurologist in November for a second opinion but I need to try and get myself on track. I have been signed off work again and have no income - has anyone been succesful in obtaining DLA for their condition - they seem unsympathetic towards this?

getting DLA. is as easy as winning the lottery, i had to be diagnosed with cancer, and heart disease before i got anything,,then i had to fight them still to get it, i got help from a group run by citizens advice ,,called D.I.A.L. they helped me fill in the forms,as you most likely know theres loads of them, and then i had to wait six weeks after that, good luck with that and do seek help with dial , theresa

Thread Information