Thread: just a quick question

just a quick question

Hello,

I have been on citalopram for 3 months and I haven't got anymore to take. I was wondering if there would be any major side effects that I could recieve. Plus what is the average time one starts to get these symptoms after stopping it?

Any information would be great.

Thanks,
    Qwerky

Re: just a quick question

what dose have you been on?

Took two weeks before withdrawl symptoms hit me. I was so confident that I had come off them no problem and then it started with head zaps and full on flu like symptoms it was awful. My anxiety also crept back for stopping them too soon. I am having to go back to my GP today to discuss going on something. I was on 20mgs and my GP told me to stop them immediately due to a rise in prolactin and that I should be fine but that was not the case.

I'd be careful if I were you.

I'm on 20mg.

I have been off them for two days and have been feeling light headed, but not sure if it is that or something else as I don't know if it acts that quickly.

hi everyone. I really wish i'd seen this website a long time ago as i've put my family through so much. Been on citalopram 2 weeks now with horrible side effects. The main one being lower abdominal pains and severe trapped wind (sounds like a volcano is errupting in my stomach but had this before the med with the anxiety. God I look forward to feeling better like so many of you seem to suggest will happen. I was getting worried cause i don't yet but reading peoples posts, i'm sticking with it.
    I find it incredible tha people on here say to stop taking it and stick to conventional methods of feeling better. I've tried everything now for 10 years and i'm sure you'll all agree that the desperation of feeling ok again is so bloody desperate that it's ludicrous to suggest 'don't bother with this stuff' etc. THe peole that wrote this are obviously nowhere near as ill as i am or experiencing the horrific struggle that is life. But hey i have always had hopeand along with this wonderful site, hopefully sticking with thismed and having CBT will finally get me somewhere where i can even enjoy a second of my life again. I'll keep you all posted. Nice one guys

Thread Information