Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I managed to drive without panic!!

Em

I thought about stopping there on the way home cos it was such a pretty place, but I decided to plod on.

I expect I will have a few more courses in Bristol so I may stop next time and look around.

Good to see you back Em xx

Thanks Charlie xx

Nicola

Excellent news! What a success story, don't envy anyone the M25 I have probs getting from Hook to B'stoke on the M3 and thats only 5 miles!!

I took a few colleagues to the pub the other day and they said "but there's nothing wrong with your driving, you seem very confident and safe", to which I explained that its not my driving ability thats the problem it's the road I'm on and the trapped in the middle of nowhere feeling. Also the panicing about being sick doesn't help either and one thought rubs off on the other.

Back to Nicola - I think you're very brave, I hope I can get up the confidence you and others have. Although I'm quite happy avoiding motorways (now thats not the attitude I should take is it!!?) :-)

I've promised my son the Dinosaur museum in Dorchester soon, so hopefully I'll get the chance to do some driving and combine that with not panicing about sick.

See ya,
    Ruth

Ruth

At the time I did beat myself up over not going via the M25 and M4 but I thought "no, hang on one step at a time". I need to regain confidence when driving so the 3 hours was a challenge. Now I will try and move on to the motorways. I do do motorways but not the M25 - lol. Panicked on there too many times!

The route I took to Bristol wasn't "Out of the way" - it was diagonal instead of going down and across so I don't feel as though I really went out of the way to avoid the M25.

But - I will get there one-day. Slowly and surely.

Nicola

Nic,

As far as I'm concerned you have nothing to beat yourself up over!

Who cares which route you took? The point of the matter is YOU DID IT!!

You drove all that way along unfamiliar roads, negotiated a map and THEN managed to stay away from home for a week!!

I think you did fantastically!!! Give yourself a big pat on the back and just think about what you achieved!

Kate x

Thanks Kate

You made me feel all warm inside !!

I am getting there and I won't give in but I can appreciate that others are still trying to drive again like I am. I thank Meg for coming to see me and giving me the positivity I needed - i.e. someone to kick me up the bum and say "just do it". I have also been forced by my job to do this but I like to think that I can carry on doing this and stop moaning so much about it - lol

Nicola

Well done Nic !!

That's fantastic.
    I'm really proud of you.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information