Thread: Blood/Bowel Issues... Hugs and advice needed..

Blood/Bowel Issues... Hugs and advice needed..

Where do I begin. I've been having issues with diarrhoea caused by panic which has led me to become obsessive about taking anti diarrohea pills which in turn has led me to be almost always constantly constipated. (Im really sorry for too much information but im freaked out and rly we all deal with this sort of stuff..no need to be ashamed here..)

Within the past few days I've noticed there seems to be blood when I use the bathroom. I don't know what to think of this? Should I be freaked out?
    Im going to see my doctor on friday and i'll ask her about it but im SO embarassed... Shes really nice and helpful but I just get so embarassed telling her I am constipated with bloody stools.

Any advice concerning diarrhoea/constipation/bloody stools/speaking to doctors when embarassed? I just don't know what to do anymore... It feels like the moment I conqour one anxiety fear another comes and takes its place...

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Re: Blood/Bowel Issues... Hugs and advice needed..

I was the same way last year, I have really bad IBS so around 99% of the time when I use to bathroom it's diarrhea, unfortunately! I took an imodium every few days and eventually it was just habitual and not to mention pretty unhealthy, well of course - like you, it left me constipated all the time which led to bright red streaks on my stools caused by tearing of the rectum/anus.
    I saw my GP and she told me that as long as the blood is maroon/red it is NOT a cause of concern and it's very common, and only if your stools start to resemble coffee grounds is when you should be worried because that signifies internal bleeding from a higher place unlike the red blood you're seeing, this is coming from a fissure from - like I said, your rectum/anus.
    It's nothing to worry about! promise!

Your symptoms sound exactly like what ive been going through!!
    Thankyou very much for your reply. How did you come off the imodium? I seem to be stuck on taking them, im too scared not to take them in case I get diorrhea in public. I know its really unhealthy but I cant stop..

hi i was a nurse and it seems to me with you being constipated,, and finding it hard to go ,,you have started with piles they don't have o be on the out site ,,they are normal when constipated ,,it means the pressure makes them swell there little sacks of blood so when they get enlarged they burst then you get blood in stools a on toilet paper it is bright red but don't worry this is normal with bleeding piles ,,you should go to chemist and buy ANUSOL its very good hope this helps ,,still see Doctor she may give you better med,as for diarrhea it happens with anxiety a lot its nerves maggie

Now im worried about piles... Damn google gives too much information! I cannot wait to go to my doctor and ask her all about this even thogh im embarassed as all hell.. thanks for your reply maggie..x

you must not worry about piles they wont harm you nearly everyone in the world get them ,even children how can i put this its very common ....i have had them for years since i was 15 years old ointment can make them better don't go on google ,worst thing you can do,, i know what i am talking about in my nursing career very common when women give birth. that's another time because the push down thats all that causes them not a disease not Cancer nothing bad i assure you stop worrying

Okay phew.. When you hear piles I think if your uninformed (like me) you automatically freak out.. Thankyou for reassuring me.

Thumbs up Re: Blood/Bowel Issues... Hugs and advice needed..

your welcome i was a nurse for 15 years ,glad i could reassure you now go to chemist and ask for anusol its good and shrinks them,, stops it ,,maggie

Thread Information