Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It feels like nobody cares :(:(:(

It feels like nobody cares :(:(:(

Hello everyone.

I don't know why, but these past few days I have been feeling really really down. .

Didn't really help a few days ago, I tried to speak to an old friend, and I said hi how are you. and she say ok thanks, and then, she sort of logged off, whilst I was trying to think of something to say, cos, at the moment, I don't know what to say, if that makes any sense. (so its even harder) which kind of upset me more, and then another friend, I was speaking to but had no replies, which again I felt arrghhhhh.

I play games on a networking site, and sort of tried to join in conversations on peoples status, and ask how people are doing and things(on a daily basis kind of thing) I have my select few that I seem to speak to on a regualr basis sort of thing. Well I haven't played any games, or posted any status the past day, cos I haven't been well, erm in the mood to if you see what I mean, well not one person has asked If I was ok or anything, nothing. It just feels like no one cares.

Sorry about the post, just feel so sad at the moment.

SHYGIRLAJB

Re: It feels like nobody cares :(:(:(

Hi

You are not alone and people here do care x
    have you tried finding a pal on here x

are you on face book if you are whats your name i wll chat with you i get lonley we all do with this horrible illness also i pay farmville on there i am called mandy jay on face book so hit me ok your not alone xxx

Hi SHYGIRLAJB,

People sometimes get so wrapped up in their own lives and feelings they forget how their actions can have an impact on others. They were probably not trying to be so inconsiderate and I am quite sure it is not because no one cares for you. I suffer from social anxiety too so I understand when it makes it difficult for you to think what to say sometimes, but that doesn't mean that you don't want to talk. It just means you are anxious.

Take care,

John
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

Hi ShyGirl,

As a fellow social anxiety sufferer, I kinda know how you must feel. It does feel like these people don't care when they log off without warning, which is why I try not to expect much when chatting with people online. However, sometimes there could be a reasonable explanation why they've unceremoniously logged off or left. Computer or internet problems could be one reason. Just try to chat to them again at a later time and see what happens. Ask them why they logged off if it'll put your mind at ease.

Like JohnLuke said, sometimes people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't take the effects of their actions on others into account. I guess part of the battle against this anxiety is not letting what others think, do or don't do affect what we think or how we feel. Try not to let this affect you too much, i'm sure there are more people that care about you than you think. If you ever need to chat to someone, i'm here anyways. I'm always looking for people to chat to and I always get back to people. Hope you feel better soon

its horrible when you feel noone cares. Just to let you know loads of people on here care about you and im sure other people do too. Heres a hug from me to you

Denise

Hi,

Don't feel sorry about the post at all.

What’s great about NMP is that because of peoples own experiences; they can really empathise with situations.

As you can see from all the responses to your post, there are many who do care about how you're feeling & what you’re going through. Of course, when you are in the middle of a bad time, it can feel so so lonely & as if no one cares.

Take Care, and remember.... we care

Matt

"Deo Spes Meo"

Hi

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. Thanks for all of your hugs and things, I really needed them. I shouldn't have felt alone (live at home with parents and have a partner who loves me) but I did, just felt like no one actually cared or anything. I guess I was being silly, but I just can't help it. grrrr.

I don't know why I feel extra down over the past few days or so, no idea at all, and not knowing what to say, as I can't really think of anything to say half the time.

I hope everyone else is ok.

SHYGIRLAJB.

I guess your talking about facebook ! You can add me if you want and i'll chat to you. PM me your name and i'll add you.
    Sarah x

Compassion

Compassion; a word that means so much yet used so little,
    Why has it left the world and abandoned those who feel ill?
    Where is the understanding; basic rules that we have lost?
    Do we carry too much hurt to help those who need it most?

Should we turn our back and ignore others,
    And not try to listen with sensitivity to their troubles?
    When we need help, where is it to be found
    And when we find it; do they really understand?

And what will this world, the people be like?
    The years ahead, will they be bright?
    Should people not show they care?
    For expressing concern has become too rare?
    But while there is hope, I believe not all is lost,
    And to show compassion is still a worthy cost!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information