Thread: 'Ello!

'Ello!

Hi all,

Hope you're all ok.

I'm Ange, 33 and been having a rough time lately trying to make sense of things. Reading this website has really helped - only found it a couple of days ago, and don't usually join forums (but you seem like a good bunch!)

Not been right for a few years now - various symptoms that have made me feel like i'm either going mad or dying of something awful. I've been referred to a cardiologist, neurologist, rheumatologist, gynaecologist (sp?) due to various (what seems at the time) REAL physical pain / problems.
    Nothing found - which make me feel even more likei'm going mad.

Physical symptoms include, passing out, dizziness, panic attacks, irregular heart beat, joint pains, chronic fatigue, flare up of skin rash, headaches
    Mental symptoms are awful, horrible thoughts, wanting everything to be perfect, irritable, anger, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders, huge responsibility, resentment, guilt, obsessed with sex.

I'm sure that a lot of (normal?!) people get these things at some point in their lives, but i've reached a point where i'm not coping very well with it at all. Have just been prescribed beta blockers for the heart rate - but not sure how well it will work considering I normally have a low heart rate anyway. Think I need to tackle the mental problem that is causing this (as opposed to one of the symptoms)

Everything seems to have been amplified since having kids (maybe PND kicked this all off...sure I wasn't as much of a nut bag before the hormones!!! lol) and worse since a few disastrous events happened 3 years ago.

Have bought a book on CBT - so will give that a proper try. Anyone found that helpful?

Anyway - nice to meet you all!!!

Hi Ange!

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information