Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 days on Prozac and it's getting worse...

Question 3 days on Prozac and it's getting worse...

Hi

This my first ever post, and I need help!!

I have been on 150g of Trazadone for a month but my anxiety did not lift so my doc has prescribed fluoxetine, (as depression has set in) I have been taking them for 3 days and the anxiety has got worse, I feel very, very sick, having real trouble eating, I also have difficuly sleeping, I have been on this site since 4!!

Can anyone share there thoughts, is this normal? Will it ever get better?
    In know its only been 3 days and it does take a lot longer but should I feel this bad?

Thanks

Lisa x

Re: 3 days on Prozac and it's getting worse...

Hi Lisa

I don't have personal experience of this drug but i know one member who does and i'm sure there are alot more who can give you advice.. I will point my friend in the direction of this thread later today.

From what I know of most of these drugs for anxiety/depression the first couple of weeks can be a little bit hard as you get used to them and I don't think these side effects are too unusual so I am sure it will settle down.

Saying that, on Sunday i was given a beta blocker for anxiety/palpatations and it wrecked havoc with me so yesterday I went along to my Dr and asked for it to be changed to a different med which it now has.. so if you are feeling really unhappy with it go along and at least have a chat with your Dr to see if there are any alternatives.

Good luck and try not to worry.

mand x

I know it can take a few weeks for it to kick in but some ssri drugs effect people in different ways. Let your doc know how you are but also give it time to work

Hi Lisa

I am on Fluoxatine i had to switch from cilitropram to this because i was really bad on them... the fluoxatine side effects only lasted a week or two but after that i have been fine... please try and stick with it as when they kick in in really do work.

You will get better Lisa it justs takes a little time
    BEST WISHES

Hi Ive been on fluoxetine for over two years now. when I was initially prescribed them my anxiety was extremely high and I was paing all over the place, terrified to be on my own, but I was determined to keep working. My doc prescribed 10 mgs of diazepam for the first two weeks when I went onto fluoxetine to counteract the very normal period of the drug throwing you all over the place. which it does. Most seem to come with a rotten initial start that you have to persevere through. Its not nice and its not fun but worth it in the long haul My own personal experience is that I noticed changes after a month and these changes increased and by the time I hit 6 months I knew I felt very different from when it had all began. I think what you have to remember is that no drug is an overnight cure. there have been times when i have realised gosh i havent taken it for a week and my god do I feel the difference. I find myself less able to employ my coping mechanisms. For me it was worth the long haul. Unfortunately its the nature of the beast sometimes it takes a few gos to find the right drug therapy, the right counsellor, the right psychologist. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Smile Re: 3 days on Prozac and it's getting worse...

Hi

I have called the doc and he has prescribed me some anti sickness tablets which should help me, got to pick them up this aft, he said it is a side effect of the flouxedine but to keep going for a couple of weeks and I will start to see a difference, have to go back in a week. I am very lucky as I have the best doctor ever, he has listened, and explained everything in detail, I found this has helped loads. Before you know it, I'll be back to work and life will be happy again, not like I'm pushing myself or anything!!!!

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by PanicOver!! View Post
    Hi Lisa

I am on Fluoxatine i had to switch from cilitropram to this because i was really bad on them... the fluoxatine side effects only lasted a week or two but after that i have been fine... please try and stick with it as when they kick in in really do work.

You will get better Lisa it justs takes a little time
    BEST WISHES
    Thanks

Yes initially they put me on Cilitropram and it didn't work for me either, only took it for 1 day, the doc quickly changed me over!!!

I'm on day four of taking 20mg (after a couple of weeks on 10mg) and really not doing well. Anxiety isn't too bad but depressive symptoms have been awful for last couple of days (on top of nausea and sedation).

Trying to stay focused on sticking it out though, can't really see any alternative.

Unhappy Re: 3 days on Prozac and it's getting worse...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneC View Post

I'm on day four of taking 20mg (after a couple of weeks on 10mg) and really not doing well. Anxiety isn't too bad but depressive symptoms have been awful for last couple of days (on top of nausea and sedation).

Trying to stay focused on sticking it out though, can't really see any alternative.
    We should let each other know how we are doing, support each other. My anxiety has increased and so has the depression but I suppose they go hand in hand but we will get there x

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by LJL View Post
    We should let each other know how we are doing, support each other. My anxiety has increased and so has the depression but I suppose they go hand in hand but we will get there x

Lisa
    Good idea, keep in touch Lisa. I was on Prozac before some years ago and don't remember having much in the way of probs starting out so didn;t expect to feel bad this time. It's nearly three months now since I decided I wanted to try a change of meds, took me two months to get off the old ones so I'm really quite fed up with it all now and feel like I need some support

Jane

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information