Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should you feel bad about going to the GP?

Should you feel bad about going to the GP?

Why do i feel so bad about going to my GP for advice??

How many times do you see your GP ?
    And surely if something is bothering you why should you feel guilty about going and seeking reasurance??

I would hate to feel i was a burden but i need help right now but i am frightened to go incase he thinks bad of me....

Someone tell me its okay (Please)..

Dan

Re: Should you feel bad about going to the GP?

Of course it's okay! So far this year I've been around a dozen times for one thing and another, sometimes I feel like I live in the place! At the end of the day, these services are funded by our taxes and we're entitled to make use of them. If something's bothering you, check it out.

Hi Dan

You should never feel guilty about going to your GP
    thats what they are there for.... if they are not compasionate about patients concers imagined or otherwise they are in the wrong job

Dan.. don't worry.. they are paid well to do the job they do and that job is to provide a service to us for anything that is worrying us whether it be a medical condition/mental health condition or just worry and stress.. Never feel guilty. We are entitled to Drs care in this Country.

Mand

Mandyclare, you are so right. I always feel bad about going to the gp unless I have got something serious wrong with me, which is never. I feel as if I am wasting their time which is the wrong attitude to take because if I am worried about something enough to go to the docs, then I shouldnt feel guilty. But I still do.

Hi Dan .. I used to feel guilty about going to GP, thinking that they just thought I was being a bit neurotic, but I am so fed up with feeling like this I have decided that if I feel I need help I will just go. Like others have said, GP's are there to help us with any kind of health problems and it is our right to get help from them - don't feel bad

I always feel bad about going to the gp. Ive been there so many times over the past few months that im sure they are sick of the sight of me.

Hi Dan,
    I know how you feel, I used to feel awful about going to the GP, I used to think everyone had a terrible illness who was waiting in the surgery. I explained this to my GP and he put my fears to rest. As other patients in the waiting room used to upset me and make me feel like a fraud who was wasting time (they always seemed far more ill than I did) he used to give me the first appointment or the last so I was never in the waiting room for very long.
    Please explain to your GP how you are feeling and hopefully they will reassure you. A good GP should anyway. They are there to help you, dont be afraid of using a service you have a right to. Hope this has helped
    Maria xx

Hi I never used to go to the doctors until 2 months ago when I went with a bloated stomach and constant burping & she said I had IBS and OCD was a bit surprised at this diagnosis but I seem to have gone worse since then. I have been back once since & had a telephone consultation each time she tells me its anxiety. I have a really dry throat and feel like theres a lump there. I must admit I think I would have felt better if the doctor had actually looked down my throat and now I don't know whether to go back so she can have a look. I'm worried though that she will think I'm attention seeking or something.

I go and bug mine regularly to make sure he's earning his £80,000 - £120,000 a year, doctors get far too complacent and often dismissive especially with mental health issues, sometimes you have to get a bit stern with them(as politely as possible that is). Unless of course you're lucky enough to have a really pleasant and understanding doctor.

never feel bad about seeing your doctor, thats what they're there for.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information