Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: religon fears

Angie,

There is always hope and although having panic and anxiety with these intrusive thoughts feels so awful - they are not real and cannot hurt you and there is lots of ways you can be helped but you do need to reach out for it just as you advise us all to do - in getting the help we need.

You too need help to overcome this and as the phone is hard and there is too much detail and circumstance to tell us on here as it's public then Please do go and visit someone or ask someone at home to ring someone that you can ask some help from.

We have told you catagorically that whatever you said previously will not harm you or your son. Please have some belief in something.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hiya Angie

I get nervous on the phone too, so I can understand you not wanting to call so thats ok.

Please dont say theres no hope for you because that means there might not be hope for me too and the last thing I want is to carry on living my life like this. I WANT to get better, I WANT to live a normal life like I used too and im determined to do it.

Having said all that, I know its not easy to do, it takes a lot of determination which I admit I sometimes lack but if you could have seen me just 10 months ago, all I did was sit looking out my window, constantly panicking and thinking awful thoughts about anything and everything. Its taken a lot but even thought im on a bit of a downer at the moment, I was out clubbing 3 weeks ago for the first time in 2 years which I NEVER thought I would ever do again!!!

There is hope for me, all the others on here and for YOU too!!!!!!

Please keep posting on here and letting us know how you are, we all care and we want to help!

love Sarah
    xx

hi angie,

if your not happy,talking on the phone,then do try.

www.samaritans.org.uk

everyone here will tell you,that sometime in their life,there has been a time,when they really did think,they were the only person suffering from certain symptoms,thoughts,beliefs...only to come to sites like this,and have their eyes opened to the fact,that that others suffer/have suffered from the same problems as themselves.

keep posting angie,and do take meg up,on her offer,and email her..shes been there,and got the T shirt....best wishes..bryan.

Angie,

Never give up hope. Please try the website Bryan has put a link for and let us know how you get on

Take Care
    Lucky

i cant carry on, anymore!
    i am so scared something will happen to my baby!
    i would die for him!
    would god help?

Angie

You can carry on and you know that no harm will come to your baby. He will be fine won't he?

If you feel the need to pray to God then you can but you still need to fight back at the panic and the negative thoughts that you keep getting.

Chin up and you can do it ok?

Nicola

Hi Angie

There is ALWAYS hope, your son is fine no harm will come to him! You can get through this, and you will believe in yourself as you do in others!

Have you spoken to anyone or contacted the Samirtans? they are there to listen and they offer support, if you cant ring or visit one of there centres email them, i have done in the past and it honestly really did work. I dont like using the phone either so i emailed them instead, and they always replied within 24 hours, please contact them they will be able to offer you emotional support and talk things through with you.
    The people who work there go by the name 'jo' and anything you say is completely confidential so you dont hae to worry about ppl finding out and you can request early deletion of emails you send.
    IT DOES WORK AND IT DOES HELP!
    email: jo@samaritans.org
    Keep your chin up and try not too worry, your son is fine, these are thoughts, and you WILL get through this!!!

Sam

Positive thinking is the key to success!

dont want to go on anymore, my son saw the advert again and clung on to me so tight and cryed. If my hubby was at home instead of being on nights i might have ended it but i love my son.

Hi Angie

Long time no hear.
    Please dont say you dont want to go on anymore. I cant begin to imagine how bad you are feeling but you have to be there for your son. Why does this advert distress your boy so much? Next time its on, just switch the tv over so he cant see it...can you tell us what it is about?

Have you been to your doctors? I know you didnt want to tell anyone about your problems for fear of them putting you away but I really do think that you need something (medication) to help you.

Do you take anything for your feelings and look after yourself?
    Try using a herbal alternative like St Johns wort...you can buy it over the counter no questions asked and it works for a lot of people.

Do you go out much? My depression always get worse if I dont get out and see the daylight often. Have you got a garden that you can do some work on to keep you occupied?

I dont know what else to say to help you.
    please keep posting and let us know how you are.

love and best wishes
    Sarah
    xx

What advert is it? i have pnd, it sounds like you could have this, go to another doctor.Couldnt your partner change shifts at work? mine has and its got loads better for us. You need to be strong for your son and fight this, take everyones advice about samaritians, talk to partner, take care, love april

apriltones

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information