Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFFECTS OF ECSTACY (DRUG)?

EFFECTS OF ECSTACY (DRUG)?

I was wondering if there was anyone who suffers from panic disorder who thinks it may be related to having taken the drug ecstacy, that there could be some a delayed effect or flashback like from LSD / PTSD.

I'm not referring to direct narcotics-induced panic/psychosis.

Whenever I have a panic I am always reminded of my one long-past and terifying experience of taking ecstacy. My psychiatrist dismissed the idea.

I've always been anxious but I was wondering if this experience may have openned some sort of door in my brain and if anyone had had a similar experience...

I had the same thing a few years ago.

Opening doors in brains, load of crap. Drugs are so poorly written about, most of the information is put there to be offputting.

Taking drugs stimulates the nervous system, much to the effect of anxiety. I had a bad experience on ecstacy that caused panic, but it was just a trigger. Anything can be a trigger, car crash, operation, falling over on the pavement. The similarity between having a panic attack and coming up off ecstacy or starting a trip are nearly the same.

Its just a trigger I'm sure and its just anxiety I'm sure.

hi christian,,

NO way does anything come back to haunt the only thing it is is your fear of what you did long ago dont let it scare you thinking about it,,

i took magic mushrooms a long time ago and had a really bad time on them ((bad trip)) and 15 years later when i started my panic attacks immediatly i related it to drugs from my past because i was looking for an explination to why i was feeling like this but i have done so much reasearch in to it and talked to countless therapists and it was just me looking for an answer and the drugs past thing seemed to be the easiest thing to blame,,,rather than looking at my life now to find what was wrong,,

so please mate dont let the drugs thing bother or scare you ok,

all the best ,,

travor

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    I do maybe think that drug taking does have soemthing to do with it, I could be wrong. It just that when I was 12 I starting drinking and smoking hash then when I was 14 I was introduced to ecstacy! I loved it, I was taking it just about every day and the days when I couldn't get it I was looking and drinking more to compensate! I was badly addicted untill one night I had a bad one! When everyone else was smaking and starting to get the high I just started to feel really really really hot and sick, when I get like that I just want to go to sleep! but with being on the E I couldn't. I suppose I did go into panic and went home very quietly as my mum was up stairs sleeping. I just lay on the living room floor under the fan to keep me cool thinking that I was going to die and how my mum was going to find me and be really dissapointed! That was the most horrible experiance I had on them and it made me stop them. So then I just moved on to other things [V]. I do think that drug taking has played a part in how I am, as I have no self confidence I never have. Thats why I took drugs and drank to become the person that everyone liked!

That experiance could very well be where my fear of dying started, I don't really know, probably will cover this with my councerllor.

Take Carexx

Claire

i believe street drugs do have something to do with it! they have always said it leads to paranoia.

when you have your first panic attack they says it is always triggered by something, no matter how little from the past. i believe your bad time on a pill probably was the trigger, and has opened up the "door" for your panics to come through.

my childhood wasnt great and my counsellor has put mine down to my past. i hae a good life and good mates and have openly excepted and delt with my childhood. one night me and my mates had a made 1 and done an 8th of coke and i remember being in bed trying to breathe.

i believe that was my point of breaking too.

I rarely do anything anymore, definatly not pills. The thaught makes me want to be sick, what i have done to my body.

I hope this helps, feel free to pm anytime.

xxxx

"To change your world is to change your thaughts"

hi i totally think my panic is related to my taking e's. when i panic 90% of the time it is the feeling im on e's or the thoughts of when i was on them. they totally screw with your brains and they have totally screwed mine...well and truely. your not alone on this xxxxx. take care.x.

dmcgovern

I had this worry too and I definitely have been reassured and believe that drugs have nothing to do with how you're feeling now, I got scared one time a few weeks ago and it reminded me of a feeling i got on a drug about 5 yrs ago and i associated with that, i told my boyfriend that i must only be feeling it because of that time and he reassured me that the feeling i had was just me being scared and it is the feeling i always have when scared its just my mind is associating it with that time.
    I reckon that anxious people should not take drugs as we will worry about what its doing and we get all these scare stories in the press that freak us out about them.
    This feeling you're getting is like health anxiety, like worrying that you have a brain tumour.
    you've picked on a feeling you had and associate it with this ne panic feeling because of fear..
    I agree with Trevor i think his post may make a lot more sense thean mine.
    I felt scared that drugs was the reason for my feelings, but i know well that they are not.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi i totally think my panic is related to my taking e's. when i panic 90% of the time it is the feeling im on e's or the thoughts of when i was on them. they totally screw with your brains and they have totally screwed mine...well and truely. your not alone on this xxxxx. take care.x.

dmcgovern

<div align="right">Originally posted by denise84 - 05 November 2005 : 22:19:55</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Don't mean to be offend anyone but this is ridiculous post, this doesnt help anyone.

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    I'm very sorry but in what way isn't it helping!

This is a forum for posting questions, this is a question! The question to him is relevent to his own experiances with anxiety! And to us that have replied so to me that is relevent!

Just because it doesn't apply to you specifically doesn't mean it's 'not relevent'!

Claire

My GAD started after taking a pill, then a week later going on a long holiday on my own.

During the intervening week, I developed palpitations which I put down to the ecstasy. The docs, however, said otherwise -- ecstasy is out of the system within a couple of days, and there's no sign of lasting effects on your heart, or evidence of such in large scale studies on ecstasy users.

I did a little homework on the issue at the time -- there have been various reports on the long term effects of ecstasy and depression in later life (i.e. a possible link between the two), although if you dig a little, you'll find that these have been largely discredited. I concluded that as thousands of people take it every week (published stats), it seems to me unlikely that if it were a cause of panic/anxiety it would have gone unnoticed.

For me, I really think the anxiety is caused by my thinking style rather than anything else. When I stop thinking negative thoughts, or I rationalise things, I get better. If I'd permanetly affected my brain with ecstasy, surely this wouldn't be the case.

Hope this helps!

Henry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information