Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pin Prick Rash / Petechaie

Question Pin Prick Rash / Petechaie

Hello all.

First post here. Sorry it'll be a long one!

Ive suffered from Health Anxiety for about 2-3 years. Been on Seroxat on and off during that time, had CBT, and just started on Citalopram.

My current concern is about rashes.

It first started when I noticed some blood blotches under the skin on both feet. I looked up online (bad I know) and everything said Leukemia. I had previously had full bloods taken 10 months previous and all were normal.

I suffer with fatigue most of the time (I have a stressful job and busy social life) as well as aches and pains, muscle tension and occasional light headed / dizziness.

This has always been put down to my Anxiety, over the past three years I have seen probably about 10 different doctors, various nurses and frequently spoken to people on NHS Direct (UK service to call for health advice). All whom have told me it is down to Anxiety, and my other symptoms which come and go are of no concern.

I spent a week convinced I had Leukemia (I have previously been convinced I had Lung Cancer, HIV, Skin Cancer, Lupus, Throat Cancer, Brain Tumour amongst other things), and worked myself into a real state. Three separate medical people said it wasn't Leukemia without testing me, but I requested blood tests to be sure. They came back normal.

The blood spots on my feet faded, but have since come back, and I'm always noticing tons of tiny pinprick spots under my skin on my arms, a few on my chest, and some on my legs.

With a normal blood result, I've been ruled out of it being cancer / leukemia, I also feel fine in myself (no new or worsening symptoms).

Just everytime I noticed these pinprick spots it seems more and more are appearing, and I'm wondering if it's something undetected.

I had another HIV test done the other day, even though i've not really put myself at any real risk.

I'd be grateful if you could share your thoughts, experiences, similar symptoms etc.

I have read a few posts about the Petechaie rash being common, and benign in some people, but I've just got it in my head, there is something going on with my blood, despite everything coming back normal.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Chris x

Re: Pin Prick Rash / Petechaie

Hi Chris

I have these spots too and have had for years hun.
    Please don't worry as they are nothing to worry about and certainly don't indicate serious health issues!!

Take care
    Lisa
    xx

I've got them too and i've had 9 blood tests in the last 4 months all normal so it's gotta be nothing to worry about, so now u can try and relax

Thanks guys.

It's just weird that they have suddenly come on more recently. I've always had a few. Maybe i'm just noticing them, because I don't think i've ever looked so closely at my skin on my arms and legs.

Anything new I notice sends me into a panic, even though I know with the blood tests and physical health, I shouldn't have to worry.

Does anyone else get these spots? And do they keep appearing?

Most have turned into brown freckles, others are bright red, but all tiny and under the skin.

x

I noticed those pin pricks on me years ago! So NOW I know it's normal.
    aw hope you feel better x

Lol, I've got them on my feet and have myself convinced I've got Leukemia also. Got my blood test results and apparently there is "nothing significant", not sure what that means but the doctor is going to talk to me on monday. Anyway, my doctor seems to think they are more common than the internet leads you to believe. She says if you are prone to getting them, all it takes is a rub on the surface of the skin to cause them to appear.

Loads of people I know claim to have them as well, which is funny as when you search on the internet all it screams is "BLOOD DISORDER".

Thanks for your posts guys. It's always good to know that you aren't the only one going through something. Even though it's still really nasty.

Every time I spot something new, I panic, even though my results were clear.

A lot of people seem to have them, but just every health site stresses how serious they are, and rarely mention the more common fact that they can appear for no reason or for benign reasons.

I first had them on my feet, and have blotches which come and go, which really freaked me out.

Going to see a dermatologist in a week or so, so will mention them then, but I guess I can relax a little that I'm not dying of anything serious.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has them, and their experiences..

Cx

Anyone else get these?

More seem to be coming up on my arms all the time. I'm seeing a Dermatologist on Tuesday.

I noticed some on my feet before my blood tests, which made me go to the Doctor, but seen lots more on my arms (the more I look) and worried that the blood tests missed something.

Would it have been obvious if something was going on?

I feel fine in myself (no weight loss, tiredness, headaches, vomiting, fever etc), but still in my head I'm worried about Leukemia and Cancer etc.

Would appreciate any replies

Chris x

sounds like normal skin to be honest.

do you blush a lot?

Not really, but I am very fair skinned, and get lots of things come up on my skin, lots of bites, and stuff as well.

I'm trying to tell my mind it isn't Leukemia, but I don't see why all these things would come up so noticeably over the last couple of weeks if it wasn't something serious.

I've heard with Leukemia (generally) that you would progress to feeling worse quite quickly and be very ill.

I otherwise feel fine, but these pin prick spots really bother me. Especially as I find new one's all the time.

I found a new red blotch on my arm today and totally freaked out. It's probably just a bite or something, but really worried it's more signs of Leukemia.

Am I being irrational? Would I feel worse than I did when I found the spots if I had Leukemia (I first noticed the spots about 2 weeks ago, though have had some previously)

My Platelets and White Blood Count were normal, which I keep telling myself, but worried that it was something undetected.

Should I wait to see my Dermatologist until Tuesday and try and ignore it until then. I'm desperately trying to stop myself from running to the hospital right now.. :(

Would appreciate some thoughts :(

Chris x

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information