Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Benefits stopped.help me please!!!SUICIDAL

Re: Benefits stopped.help me please!!!SUICIDAL

Right now both my arms are burning since i heated up a jagged bread knife on the oven while cooking.I hope it looks disgusting by the morning so i make my interviwers sick.
    I also have just one line to say to the nazi bitch who made me do this...i will not mention it here as it is far far to cruel.but i expect her to burst into tears.im looking forward to being the most cruelest heartless ******* on earth.... why not? they thought nothing of making me like this....
    maybe i shouldnt post such stuff but rather than me cry myself to sleep id rather think of the cruelest things to say to my tormentors.... i wish them nothing but misery.. there is no time for being nice.

sorry. just had to vent my anger as im in a lot of pain right now.

I understand how hurt and upset you must be feeling at the moment, but being nasty and personally attacking the staff at the job centre won't get you anywhere .. well apart from them calling the police and having you removed. Also going there with freash scars visable, they will probably view you are being violent. I also self harm but have never been asked to show my scars, it is down in my notes.

I am sure that you will get a better results if you go there, be yourself and put your points forward in proper manner, without the need to insult people that are trying to do their very difficult job.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on xxx

sorry was just in an awful mood last night.i stopped my medication a couple weeks ago ( id o this ofter) but last night had to start again with a double dose....back to square one again...oh well.

Hi Warren

I am in roughly the same situation and can imagine more and more people will be with the governments new stance on this area (I f'ing hate Gordon Brown and new new labour right now, Fascists). Apologies for the language, however I am furious at how this new system is being carried out and how people in similar situations to us being made to suffer. Politics aside.

I became disable nearly 2 years ago with Agoraphobia steaming from my social anxiety and depression. I made a successful claim for Incapacity Benefit and the other one(cant remember the name right this minute). That claim was cancelled as I became to ill to pick up the regular medical certificates. No go outside = no picking up certificates.

It was a long while before I was able to make a new claim. By this time they had switched the process to Employment and Support Allowance (don't get me started).
    When they (finally) came to a decision, they had decided not to award any funds as I had "Not made enough national insurance contributions for previous year". Of cause not I was DISABLED. Idiots.

I then had my medical assessment which was conducted at home, thankfully. At the time my symptoms were not as apparent as I was very pleased that something was finally happening with my claim. Of cause being at home made me more relaxed than usual. As I was feeling optimistic I over trivialised much of my condition.

and yes, I got the same letter stating that I was not deemed disable enough, or to that effect. I appealed, sent a 5 page letter.

Despite being very very clear about my inabilities I had received a letter today saying that they stand by there initial decision and it is now going to a tribunal. I panicked naturally, only just managed to calm myself down. I am now waiting for the tribunal date.

My advise to anyone would be to not downplay your condition during the medical assessment and don't for one second assume that because they are a "doctor" they will make assumptions in your favour. In fact they will do quite the opposite. I'm sorry warren this doesn't really help you as like me we are past that stage. It is more targeted at others looking through this thread for information.

Thanks to John Luke 300 for his incite. This pushed me to do some information digging. I was goggling "Welfare Rights Officer Edinburgh" to find someone to help to help with my benefits claim, has I had clearly mucked it up. I found this organisation on the Edinburgh City Council link to ECC page. They are called the Advise Shop and they help you with your claims for benefits. They also help with appeals and as an added bonus can represent you as a legal body at your tribunal. Im sorry that the information I have is for Edinburgh only but I have included the link just in case you want to pick up any buzz words that will help you in your search. You may be able to find something similar in your area.

They have been very helpful and accommodating with my condition. I am just waiting for an envelope from them so I can send all the information the DWP sent me and they can begin looking at my case.

I'm sorry that I could not over more advise to your personal situation Warren but my heart goes out to you and I wish you luck.

Steve

Everyone please let us know how you get on with your dealings with this. Information at this point is important as the DWP don't want to give any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information