Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks

Fireworks

I have to say that I know this is going to sound really silly but I have actually got a firework phobia and I have had it since I was 7 or 8 - I hate this time of year as I really dread going out after dark just because I get very nervous if a firework goes off and makes me jump. It then starts my anxiety and panic attacks. Even if I have to go out at this time of year then I panic even having to walk down the pathway of my house to jump into a car or taxi just in case a firework goes off right near me. I am being really brave this year as Im going to a Ade Edmondson gig next week in Southampton when it is halloween and fireworks are likely to go off and staying at a hotel overnight and I am going to the hampshire autumn meet up round Kazzie's house and I am definitely going as I want to catch up with her and other members on here and I know they are going to have fireworks and I do not mind that once I am inside the house but its just the thought of being outside after dark when the fireworks are likely to go off. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Fireworks

I don't mind watching them from a distance, but I certainly wouldn't go near a firework or light one.

Yes I am the same angel as I do not mind watching them from a distance indoors but unfortunately I do not like going outside at all when they are around.

Sandy I will make sure your ok at the meet up. I'll even come and talk to you if you dont like them. I dont mind. I wouldnt like you being alone at it with them going off.

xxx

You think you've got problems...

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Thanks Pickle - yes would be good for someone to chat to me as it would relieve my anxiety.
    Last edited by sandy35; 27-10-09 at 16:14.

Hey Sandy

No need to go outside at meet up......front room overlooks garden so you can watch from indoors......there will be kids here and they will be inside as we all prob will.....just send rog out to let em off.....and only got quiet ones cos my grandson dosent like bangs!!!!

You will be fine hun if not theres always my bedroom you can escape to!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

Thanks for your support Kaz and I am really looking forward to the meet up!

Fireworks....Oh now you got me started! Lol

I hate the things and why on earth are kids still able to get their hands on them still? They have been going off here for weeks and that shouldn't be allowed.

I think they should only be allowed at 'controlled' displays. Taken out of ALL shops and who ever is purchasing them so need a liscence to do so as in a council offical who is in charge of the desplay.

Ban em all lol

Lisa
    xx

You will be fine Sandy, Honest.

If Im let lose with fireworks then watch out!! Only burnt our fence 2 years ago lol

and I'll more likely be the one panicking and runing round like a blue bum fly!

Haha, Will make sure you are ok Sandy promise.

xxxxxxxxxx

I agree with you tho Lisa. Shouldnt be aloowed!

* looks innocent as to buying loads of sparklers!*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information