Thread: It's coming back with a vengance!

Unhappy It's coming back with a vengance!

I've just got home from work and on the drive home (which takes about 50 mins) I had the most almighty anxiety attack!
    I've recently started to feel very tired and lethargic from about 1pm for a few weeks now and today was no different. When I got in the car to drive home I felt a bit light headed and tired.
    About half way home I started to feel dizzy and anxious but usually I can control this, only this time I felt all at once, a tight sharp pain in my stomach and chest and a quick pain in my head (my vision blurred at the exact same time) and then my heart was racing and chest tight as if I couldn't breathe, all of this whilst trying to drive home in the dark with drizzle and traffic jams to contend with! the whole thing lasted until I managed to get to a garage and get a drink of cold water down me (about 20 mins)
    It hasn't been a good day, I still feel light headed and strange now but the anxiety seems to have gone away for now.
    I thought I was getting over all this and it's so demoralising when it comes back, I guess I'll have to accept that I need to live with it rather that expect to get rid of it, 16 years now!

Re: It's coming back with a vengance!

I'ts a pain in the a** Dan. Sorry that you have had a bad one. The thing is not to be too impressed by it and not to add fear to it. Acceptance is definitely the way forward and once you let go then the attacks will deminish. If you have not yet seen it, there is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.

Take care Dan and think of the progress you have made, not this setback.

Veronica

Dan, my friend let me tell you something....

In fact we know that one day we would die....this is the life.....but at the same time we have to live for our good....and for our future's good.
    Dan, i am suffering panic attacks for...lets say....two years now.
    In my country people think the wrong way....they say: "If you go to a shrink...then you are difenitly crazy!".
    So i had to keep it to myself, even medications...i did throw them away!
    I stood on my feet and i swear it i am facing panic attacks now...palpitations...and all the symptomps with no medication. And forever i will keep on facing it.
    Keep your strength up my friend....Panic attacks can do nothing!

For the Lich King

Thank you, both of you for your replies and encouragment. I've felt pretty rough all day today, I usually feel pretty groggy the day after a big attack. I guess I'll just have to put up with it all.

Thread Information