Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: day 8 on fluoxetine..an emontional mess

day 8 on fluoxetine..an emontional mess

hi all,

My panic attacks they have suddenly started so much so i can cope when they come on i can normally keep it together and ride em out but now..they completely disable me.

I was placed on fluoxentine to help...but i feel sick food tastes of cardboard and at the moment im a emotional wreck...crying one minute and bouncing round the room the next...and trust me i never cry

they only positive thing is that im coming round after the attacks.... when normally im ill for days and another attack comes and its a vicious circle.

however on these things the attacks are so so bad.one after another and im like urrggghhhh...and when im low im at an all time low...im hoping this will all get better with time.... but dam its hard to keep it together.

anyone have the same issues ??

Re: day 8 on fluoxetine..an emontional mess

yeah fluoxetine can make you feel a hell of a lot worse before it makes you feel better it did to me pretty much what you describe it doing to you, though i didn't cry, i got the opposite and became apathetic, took a while but i felt better.

Dan

Hello!
    Maybe if you go back to your Dr and explain this he/she may prescribe diazipam which can help during the "settling in" period that fluoxetine has.
    Just a thought! Hope things work out ok.

seriously i am completely and utterly anti medication foe anxiety unless its been proven to be a chemical problem in body , everyone who takes tablets never seems to get off them . i would stop taking them because once u rely on them u always rely on them and once they stop working u go back for higher dosage and again and again its never ending

Oh and I had to go back to the Dr today as I couldn't tolerate the 20mg tablets straight away so he has ordered me the syrup so I can start on a baby dose and work my way up very very slowly. I had to do this as my anxiety has been so bad I have stopped eating and losing weight which in turn is making me sick and dizzy. The tablets were then making me twice as bad so that's why I have to take a tiny dose to start with. (hopethat makes sense!)
    you aren't alone - this forum is great.

Bubblegumpixie, as I've posted on another thread, I have eased myself on to Prozac by going on 10mg first because I'm v sensitive to meds. Feel it's working for me, hope it does for you.

johnno, that's two threads you've posted on today suggesting people should stop their meds, which I think is a bit unfair, not to mention unwise.

No, they don't work for everybody, but many people do benefit. They've helped me but I'd never try to persuade people who are anti-meds to take them.

Hi there,

I'm also on day 8 of taking fluoxetine and am having a tough time. For the first four days I was great, back to my old self, and just felt a little sick when I'd take the meds on an empty stomach.

But since day 5 I have been feeling really anxious, upset tummy, lost my appetite, sweaty palms, feel like one minute I have adrenalin going through my veins and need to go for a sprint, and the next I just want to sleep. Very weird, and like I'm being flung from happy to 'I can't cope'.

I've noticed that when I'm at home and have no stresses I'm fine, but as soon as I have to go to work, or local shops I start to feel sick.

I'm also having mild muscle spasms, and have been told that this is fairly normal, and it's just my body trying to regulate the amount of chemicals it produces in relation to the meds.

I'm hopeful everything will settle down in the next few days, the idea of it lasting weeks does not appeal.

As well as medication I am also going to a fantastic hypnotherapist, and after each session I feel like a whole new person, because somehow everything is put in perspective. She says that all my symptoms are normal and actually explained what the body was doing, so I could understand why I'm feeling like this.

I've been recommended to either have a sauna or hot bath (with rock salt) as it brings on symptoms of a fever and your body can then sweat out all the toxins. Also, crying is good because it also gets rid of toxins, it's your body's natural cycle.

Let's stick it out, let me know how you go.
    k

yeah i have to agree with all of the above i am its day 14 i am feeling alittle better but i have anxiety like never before.

The attacks do not seem as severe and i can at least cope with them when im in company.

but this anxiety thing is driving me mad im worried about going to the shops ??? why i have no idea....

went to a family halloween party with the kids...my god it was a struggle ...got through it god knows how...

im gonna leave it two more weeks if this anxiety keeps up i may have to change my meds..

i pefered having ramdom panick attacks..... than feeling in fear all the time..

anyone else in the same boat ?

as for the person stating that you dont need drugs u r very lucky that your able to cope with your attacks...some of use are on meds purley as a last resort in order to get our lives back

Hi

I'm in the same boat, I'm on day 15 and the anxiety is worse today then ever, I have been constantly sick all morning, but last week I was fine I even managed a couple of hours at work yesterday, it's like being on a rollercoaster, I can't understand why I feel so bad today but I presume that it takes a while to get into your system, it's just horrible.

Keep climbing that mountain

im back ..

its day 18 i gotta say this stuff is starting to work..after two weeks of hell on earth i should bloody hope so...

Its defo takin the edge off and im able to cope with the attacks. Before they were disabling me.

anxiety is still up there but only comes now during or after the attacks and only for a few hours. I can now get out and about without thinking about it.
    ..well not too much anyway..and they now seem to have a pattern they normally come on between 4.00pm - 9pm and then go after that... togther with that blasted anxiety.

Took my daughter to the park today and walked we got sum chips went shopping was fine... felt almost normal...had to pick the mrs up from work had an attack..but i just carried on as normal went to the inlaws held a full conversation with them even thou i was dying inside..but saying that it not as bad as it was...Dont get me wrong im still getting side affects - headache and feeling dizzy like im not real...this comes and go's every so often..but thats slowly getting less

today however im able to now concentrate on stuff ..i have a home studio (its a hobby im a bit of a music geek) and was there for a few hours workin on stuff..which was nice for once..

Its wired a week ago i thought i would never be able to work again....now im thinking u know what in the next few weeks ....im might be able to go back...

ill keep you all posted...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information