Thread: 3 wks on help

3 wks on help

3 wks into citalopram and im feeling dreadful panicky 24 7 and just not feeling myself had a few good days last wk thats about it so fed up xxx

Re: 3 wks on help

it do at first then it gets better

hi burberrygirl72
    can totally relate to what you are sayin! was wk 6 before i started to see any improvements [felt i was worse for 1st month!]
    am now starting wk 9 [20mg] and while i had a bad day today - i do see some positives [although sometimes hard to remember that when your having a 'blip'!
    this site has def been a consolation though....
    PS are you on your time of the month?? i have noted that when i'm due, my anxiety goes through the roof xx

yeh i am at time of the month and my anx has hit the roof x

Hi, I agree with what Waterfall says: when you hit a "blip" it is all but impossible to remember how it felt to be well.

I feel that I have suffered very badly with anxiety this year but it IS getting better. I've been on cit for 8 months which might sound like a long time but in all reality a person who is prescribed this kind of medication is going to be on it for a year at least, and quite rightly so.

Keep going, the longer you stick it out the easier it becomes. By my sixth month on cit I still had an occasional blip but my quality of life has improved beyond anything I've ever had. I have been doing A LOT of self-help though. Cit needs to be combined with self help and therapy if you want it to do anything for you.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information