Thread: Pregabalin

Pregabalin

Anyone been on pregabalin been getting constant headaches been perscribed this on 300mg a day. Does it cause dizziness?

Re: Pregabalin

it makes me feel sick, dizzy and really tired, i feel awful today but im trying to stick with it cause i cant handle these headaches anymore. Also when i wake up i have a banging headache, like one you get with a hangover ( its a long time since i had one of those lol ) but then it wears off to a dull ache that i have all day. Hope your ok ? Sorry i couldnt text u back last night, i was at the hospital with my little boy.
    Sarah x

oh no is he ok? Headaches better but v dizzy and not with it

hes got hand foot n mouth disease and one of the risks with it is viral meningitis. Last night his neck went all stiff and he said his head hurt so we took him to hospital, we were there for bloody ages ! hes back home now but weve go to keep a close eye on him. its never ending !
    Glad your headaches better ! I feel really dizzy and weird today aswell it must be the pregabalin.
    Sarah x

god hun it never ends does it hows ur head? Mines sort of fuzzy at mo seeing my old councillorthis afternoon

how did it go with the councilor, how did you get to see one did the doctor refer you ? My doctors rubbish he hasnt even mentioned me seeing one ! Did pregabalin make you feel worse at first ? x

Hi fellow Pregabalin guinepigs!!

I felt dizzy when I first started taking pregabalin too, I still feel dizzy now but I think thats the dizziness that I originally had not a side effect of the medication!!

I cant 100% say for sure if its working for me or not yet its been six weeks now I've gradually moved my dose up to 250mg a day to avoid the worst of the side effects. I think the dose needs to be a lot higher. I have a friend who has just been put on 600mg daily.

What I'd like to know and I cant find the answer anywhere is ; does it take a week or so for dose increases to get in your system. I know the doctor said it would be around a week before the initial dose started working but is that the same with increases?

BTW pregabalin didn't make me feel worse really at the start. If you want to feel worse try any of the SSRI's or Venlafaxine they'll do the trick lol !!!

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

Thanks for your replies this is my second week on pregabalin doc has increased it too 300mg a day now must say my headache is a little better although feel dizzy and spaced out do u think this is a normal side effect?

Thread Information