Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to use the forum

How to use the forum

Posting/Replying to messages

Select the Forum that your post is most suited to e.g. Panic, General Anxiety, Introduce Yourself.

If posting a message for the first time then it is really helpful to include information about yourself such as "what you suffer from", "what medication you are on", "what help you have had etc". It is easier then for us to target specific replies to you.

To create a new post within that forum then click on the newthread.gif icon at the top and/or bottom of the screen. You will be taken into a screen where you can enter a "Title" and you can then select a smiley face for the "Post icon", if you want to, and then enter your text in the "Message" box.

You can change the font size of your text, the colour, the font face, add bold, underline, italics etc etc. Highlight the text and then use the edit buttons to format your text. You do not need to change any of these and you can just type your message in the box and the font size etc will be at the default.

Once you click on the "Submit new Thread" button then your message will be posted on the forum. At any time you can edit or delete your own posts. Use the edit.gif icon to change the message text or once in the post click on "Thread tools" and then "Delete thread" to remove it. You will not be able to edit or delete other members posts.

If you are reading a post and want to reply then you have 3 options:

Quick Reply

This is available at the very bottom of the thread. Simply enter your reply in the message box and click on "Post Quick Reply".

Post a reply

Click on the reply.gif icon at the top and button of the thread. This will allow you to format the text colour, size etc. The title field is optional and can be left blank. Click on "Submit reply" to save your message.

If you want to quote the original post in your reply then click on the quote.gif icon next to the relevant post and you will be taken to the editor where you will see the text of the post you are replying to so you can type and edit text as usual then click on "Submit reply".

How to see what posts were made since I was last on

This is easy. Click on "Active topics" at the top of the screen on the menu bar and select the timeframe. The most common one is "Since Last visit" but you can also choose "Last xx hours", "Last week" etc. This even caters for posts in the last 2 Months. This will show you all posts since that time-frame. You can then read and reply as normal. Once you have read/replied to an active topic then click on the browser "back" button to go back to the list of active topics.

Searching for previous posts

Click on "Search" on the menu tool bar at the top of the screen and choose one of two options. Either enter text in the box and click on "Go" or click on the "advanced" option and you will be taken into an additional screen. From here you can refine your search by finding post by a particular member, searching the title of a post only, in a certain time frame or choose the forum in which to restrict the search. You will be given a list of all topics that match your search criteria and the phrase you searched for will be highlighted in that post. To go back to the list of topics simply click on the "back" button on your browser and then you can read the next post that matches your search criteria.

Your Profile/User Control Panel

You can change this at any time. This includes all the info about you including your email address. Simply click on "Quick Links" then "User Control Panel". From here you can add a custom signature that appears under each of your posts, change your password and email address, add your date of birth and instant messaging details (MSN, yahoo etc), turn on/off email and private messages, add an avatar next to your name, upload a picture of yourself to your profile, read your private messages, send new private messages, manage your subscriptions to posts, set up buddy lists etc.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: How to use the forum

I don't understand what the different arrows mean in the active topics section once I have chosen one. Some are oneway, some are two way and red. I have left a message on some so understand that one but not the others.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi
    Although I've visited this great site over the years , I'm new as a member .
    Yesterday I posted three replies which didn't come up. What could I be doing wrong .also I kept going off line

Could be your Internet connection which keeps going offline. Does it log you out at the same time? Do you lose you connection to other sites at the same time? It looks like you've got a static IP address which usually gives a more stable connection.

I can't see any of your posts from yesterday but this one's obviously worked. Keep posting and let us know if you have any more problems.

Pip

I just wrote annother reply which didnt post
    Titled .... Lymph node iti my neck

I've looked through your settings and they seem fine. Are you using the quick reply? Try a few different ways of posting in the test forum and sea if there's a pattern.

Pip

Yea cheers pipkin , bit of a novice , I'll use the computer instead of the iPad

make sure you click the remember me bit while you are logging in, if you don't it will log you out after a while, so it may log you out and not register your replies to posts.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

That's what's happened , I'd written a long reply .
    Thanks for that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information