Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question for all emetophobes...?

a question for all emetophobes...?

Hi I just wondered how many of you take anti emetic on a daily or most days basis and what u actually took? Its getting to the point now where this is one way i can put my mind at rest by taking these and i no its not good for me but if it helps me lead a more normal life, its something im willing to do?! jus wondered if anyone else is in the same boat?...

Re: a question for all emetophobes...?

I have a stash of 50mg cyclizine tablets (prescription only) and keep a bottle of pepto bismol handy, though I have to say any cognitive behavioural therapist would say that these are 'behaviours' we need to stop practising.

hope this helps.

Motilium 10. They go with me everywhere. Danath is right though, but I won't ALWAYS have to carry them with me. Because I won't always be emetophobic. I won't. I refuse.

I found that emetophobia is only something that accompanies my anxiety and depression, when i am doing ok, I'm not actually fearful of vomiting. I sometiems think that perhaps we get an anxiety disorder due to excessive stress and our minds just look for something to focus that anxiety on, in our case, being sick, if it wasn't this it would no doubt be somethihng else, I often tell myself it could be much worse, and it could.

Dan

vomiting is not something that bothers me at all. The way I look at it, is i'd rather have whatever is making me feel sick out of me then festering inside me!

Hiya I was taking half a bottle of pepto bismol and 3 motilium 10 a day plus travel calm tablets! However I decided to quit them all and now occasionally take travel calms coz I get dizziness sometimes but I realised anti emetics weren't the answer and am saving up for hypnosis and nlp! X

I'm emetophobic, but don't take anything. Why? I use to take whatever i could, until i still got a stomach bug from my son - didn't help one bit. If you catch an illness...no tablet is going to help you or stop you from puking.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I've got emetophobia and take Metoclopramide almost daily. Just made myself not take it for a week and it was so hard. Also I occassionally take Phenergan at night, I buy these from an online chemist and they work great.

Belle, some anti emetics will stop you being sick if you have a bug, metoclopramide is one of these according to my Dr. She says it's best not to take them if you have bug as the bad stuff needs to come out but for anxiety it's fine.

I dont have any anti emetics :( where can i buy them as i am also completely petrified of sick

I have this to feel like its taking over my life sometimes. Hi cat are gps ok giving out metoclopramide is it easy to get if i tell her my phobia or is it just for people with gastric problems.

Many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information