Thread: Throat virus or signs of something more?

Throat virus or signs of something more?

I started getting a sore throat about a week ago, nothing else, no cold, just a slightly sore throat. Doesn't hurt to swallow, or eat, just a general sore throat on the right side. Yesterday it had almost gone, not completely, but almost. Today it is worse again. I'm not talking really painful, Ive had that years ago where I would sit up in bed in the night & hold my neck when I swallowed it was so nasty This one is relitively mild. But just wondered why it seemed to get better yesterday, then is back today?

Re: Throat virus or signs of something more?

I have had exactly the same thing for about a fortnight on & off - even down to it being on the right side of my throat. I think very mild throat infections can last like this for ages but any reassurance anyone can give both of us would be very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by agingwuss View Post
    I have had exactly the same thing for about a fortnight on & off - even down to it being on the right side of my throat. I think very mild throat infections can last like this for ages but any reassurance anyone can give both of us would be very welcome!
    Thats good to know then isn't it. Not good to have it of course, as its just another worry! lol But you know what I mean. I'm managing to keep it in perspective, because of the time of year, lots of viruses going about. And thats quite an achievment for me. Sounds like you have kept your wits about you with it too if you have had it longer than me x

Hi,

Just to let you know Ive had a sore throat for about a month!! On and off anyway.

It has been pretty painful at times, it hurting to talk etc :( Ive also had mild chest pains (so as you can imagine Ive been on overdrive with worry!)

Some days it seems better, then its back. I'm wondering if its partly down to having the heating on with the colder weather, the dry air etc?

I also have a goitre (a lump on my thyroid gland), so Ive been paranoid about the sore throat and the on and off coarse voice! Then theres the SF worries kicking in, other general worries I have!!

I dont know how true it is (probably a load of poo!) but wearing a scarf was meant to help with a sore throat.. like I said, its probably pants, but Im sure I read that somewhere!! lol

i get this and always on the right side.

Hi, ive had a sore throat on and off for nearly a month, and on monday WHAM, a full blown cold!!! So many its the same 4 u, it might be a cold or something coming.
    Take care,
    Debs x

I just thought Id let you know that mine felt like it was getting better today.. Now its come back, on the other side!??

Grrrrrrrrrr

I have this too. It is anxiety related but can also be placed down to acid reflux ! taking place whilst you sleep ! Just be aware of yourself, if you have a post nasal drip at odd times. You may also feel discomfort in your ears, like a pressure feeling. I find when I take a PPI I don't seem to have the problem with my throat...

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkinik View Post
    I just thought Id let you know that mine felt like it was getting better today.. Now its come back, on the other side!??

Grrrrrrrrrr
    Oh blimey how annoying! Well mine is a lot better today, only just aware of it. Will see how it is tomorrow! Hope yours is better tomorrow, let us know x

Quote Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
    I have this too. It is anxiety related but can also be placed down to acid reflux ! taking place whilst you sleep ! Just be aware of yourself, if you have a post nasal drip at odd times. You may also feel discomfort in your ears, like a pressure feeling. I find when I take a PPI I don't seem to have the problem with my throat...

Good luck.
    It seemed to get worse as the day went on, & be almost gone in the mornings? So I doubt its the nasal drip thing? Although I did feel pressure in the ear on the right side? Whats PPI hun?

Thread Information