Thread: Pregabalin. Will an increase in dose make me worse first?

Pregabalin. Will an increase in dose make me worse first?

I am currently on 150mg of Pregabalin and i am quite dizzy and disoriented and my head feels tense. I did have these symptoms before Pregabalin too though.

I am seeing doc on Monday and i think he will increase the dose. Will i have to go through the horrible bit of starting meds where you think everything is a side affect, or does your body already tolerate this drug?.

How are other Pregabalin users getting on? It was made out to be the way forward but as usual, we doubt everything.

Absolutely terrified of seeing psych Monday. Got to get there (agoraphobic) wait for him, see him then probably up the meds. Terrified

Re: Pregabalin. Will an increase in dose make me worse first?

I've uppped my Pregablin quite a few times now 250mg at the moment. Like you I was dizzy before I started taking it. It felt a little more dizzy with the first two dose increases (50mg everytime) but the last one I was fine.

Its like taking a paracetamol now, all I can say is they are helping me somewhat. I was housbound at one point but over the last week I have been applying for jobs and I have an interview on Tuesday, I'm dreading it but its for a full time and I really need the money.

I couldnt even entertain the idea of going for an interview six weeks ago so I think the pregabalin must be helping.

I wouldnt be worried about increasing your dose it doesnt have servere side effects for most, certainly nowhere near as bad as anti-depressants I have tried.

I still feel dizzy all the time, not sure if thats from the medication but I dont care as much about it if that makes sense. I just walking down the street in my own dizzy world. Whereas before starting pregabalin I would have panicked the momement dizzyness came.

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

I think thats amazing. Going from housebound to applying for a job! I couldnt even dream of that yet.

Thank you for your reassurance. I truly hope your interview goes well and you should be really proud of yourself. You just gave me hope. Thank you X

Nutee

I'm glad I could help - there is always hope, and the pregabalin has and is helping me alot more than I realised. I used to be a manager before I lost my job so I was used to being confident and in control. Then the panic attacks started, I lost my job my partner and as is stands very nearly my home because I cant pay the mortage without working.

I thought nothing could help me to stop the panic and constant anxiety, its early days yet and I'm still on 250mg a day but I got in that cab today stood up and spoke in that interview and hopefully convinced that job that I can manage a team of people again.

six weeks ago my legs would have been like jelly and I would have been agitated even in the cab on the way there. I felty so good after the interview that I walked the three miles home.

They are not a miracle cure by no means, I still feel agitated and dont sleep great and my chest is always tight but pregabalin kinda makes you feel like you dont care about the sytoms and of course when you dont care about them they loose their power and eventually go

If there is one piece of advice I can give anyone its that sitting at home does not help, I've wasted two years of mine and eveyone around me's lives sitting at home saying no to everything. It only makes it harder to join the real world again. I thought I could get around not having a job by working from home for myself which kinda worked but its just another way of avoiding what I have to do which is going out and interacting with people.

I can honestly say that although I've know that staying in is not the answer from the start without the pregabalin to take the edge of some of the symptoms I dont think I would have made those initial steps to breaking the cycle.

I have another job interview tommorow for an office managers position (full time) I've just passed the telephone interview with the managing director and he's asked me to come in and speak with the other directors so fingers crossed. Both of the jobs I've applied for are full time 37 hours per week which is daunting when I've barely left the house for two years but I'm also exited to get my life back!!!

Since starting the pregabalin I have taken the attitude that I could sit indoors for the next 50 years of my life doing nothing and feeling anxious, or I can go outside live my life and mayb feel a little anxiuos with it, better to have lived and died trying than to never have lived at all.

Sorry for the long post.

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

Thread Information