Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im giving up on pregabalin, they are making me more anxious !

Im giving up on pregabalin, they are making me more anxious !

Ive been on pregabalin for a couple of weeks now. I was given them for my headaches and for pain relief for a neck injury. I was happy when i found out they are also given for anxiety as i suffer from it. They have made me feel awful, i have never felt so anxious, my chest hurts, i cant sleep and im constantly worried about dying. They have helped with my headaches but i really cant cope with the increased anxiety that im feeling. I hope it is anxiety that is making my chest hurt and they havent done something to me. I cant stop worrying, i just dont feel right. Ive got an appointment with the doctor at teatime so im going to tell him i cant take these anymore.... Has anyone else experienced these side effects ?
    Sarah x

Re: Im giving up on pregabalin, they are making me more anxious !

U know i have sarah think they have helped my headaches but was is this chestpain? Really dont know what 2 do cos my heads do feel better. Perhaps my chest pain is just aniexty.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Hi Sarah
    Sorry to hear you're still having a bad time and you want to stop the preg. I'm not a doc but your chest pain really does sound like it's to do with your anxiety rather than the med, but see what your doc says. Did you feel like this before the preg or did start when you began taking it? If it's making the anxiety worse then maybe you should think of something else. Hope your doc is helpful. X

hi, thanks for your replies. Ive spoken with my doctor and im stopping the pregabalin and starting amitryptiline. I'll see how it goes.....x

U know u could combine the 2? If the preg is helping the pain? I am on preg and now dosolupin also for my anxiety....

x

I'm with Melancholia on this one, I'm no doctor but I really do beleive that the chest pain is caused by anxiety.

Chest pain shows up as a side effect in clinical trials for many drugs, even when people are actually taking a placebo pill. I think this is because peoples anxiety about taking a pill of any kind can actually create side effects.

As I'm sure we all know when you are anxiuos your muscles including those in your chest tighten up making them tense and sometimes sore. If you chest musles hurt to the touch then you can bet theres nothing wrong with your heart, (it wouldnt hurt when you press it)

Pregabalin has enabled me to go to a job interview today and another tommorow, I'm sleeping all night again and I'm walking around the local shopping centre. Something I couldnt even dream of six weeks ago. It takes some getting used to but all I can say is for me, for now it is working. It took its time and I was ready to give up but I'm glad I didnt.

Sarah_Jayne, only you can know whats best for you, pregabalin isnt for everyone but it doesnt come with a whole lot of side effects for most. You can take it in combination with anti-depressants it has very few known drug interactions.

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So pleased you're feeling better Dave. I take it the dizziness is gone?! Well done ...

Yes most of the dizziness is gone now! I seem to be going from strenght to strengh at the moment which is great

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah jayne View Post
    hi, thanks for your replies. Ive spoken with my doctor and im stopping the pregabalin and starting amitryptiline. I'll see how it goes.....x
    Hey sarah. How are you getting on. Was it hard coming off preg? How is the ami helping headaches. I'm in same boat now. Not sure preg is for me but need some headache relief as it's ruining my life. X

Hi, i still have a headache but its not as bad as it was. The amitryptiline helps me sleep which is a bonus. Pregabalin definately wasnt for me. I just wish i wasnt getting all my other symptoms. Hope your feeling better.
    Sarah x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information