Thread: Update Kava Kava and Theanine

1. Update Kava Kava and Theanine

Hi everyone,

This is an update on my regime with Kava and Theanine (see original thread/post last 06 Aug 2008).
    I have been taking Kava and Theanine now for two years, with absolutely no side effects. In the begining (back in Oct 2007) I was taking Kava at two capsules three times daily. This is reduced now to two capsules once daily. Theanine I used to take two tablets three times a day, now I take two tablets once daily. Seredyn is still useful in stressful situations, but I only take it where necessary - at most once a week. I should add Seredyn also contains Theanine. I also take Celexil, which is a combination of 5HTP and St John's Wort. This is for mood enhancement only and not anxiety related issues. I take two capsules a day. Some of you may be concerned about addiction. This isn't an issue and I have I have found stopping any of these products not to be a problem. That said, the anxiety will return if the products are stopped - that's just a fact of life, these products don't cure anxiety, they just purely prevent it. Note, there is a big difference between cure and prevention!!
    I must also say that this regime works for me, whether it will work for you, is up to you to find out. I can't tell you that, but as the saying goes, what works for one will work for others. In 2007 my anxiety was at 90/100, now it's about 5/100, yes 5! I sometimes think it's too low now, but when I remember what was, I'm happy to keep it this low!
    Last edited by bottleblond; 02-11-09 at 18:14.

Re: Update Kava Kava and Theanine

That's excellent news. 5/100 is a brilliant score, so be proud of yourself

I read on wikipedia that kava is very effective against anxiety. I should point out to those reading this that kava cannot be combined with SSRIs, so anyone on citalopram etc must never take kava while they are taking their meds.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: Update Kava Kava and Theanine

i have red that UK health band it as it causes severe liver damage with continuous use,do you feel it out ways this seeing you feel better,, does it take away the fear of anxiety is it better than diazepam

Thread Information