Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time for a kick up the backside, who's lives in kent.

time for a kick up the backside, who's lives in kent.

i am a 24 year old male from medway with my general and social anxiety that just keeps getting worse and worse plus i feel depression may not be too far from my mind, it's time for a kick up the backside whilst saying f the world, i'm at the point where i have to change, not in month's time but now, no more hesitation about going out or being in a certain place.

i feel i am probably not the only one on this forum that needs to have this kind of thinking and if there is anyone kent who wants to meet up give me a reply.

Re: time for a kick up the backside, who's lives in kent.

hey, I live in kent, I'm 18, but unfortunately I don't think I'd be quite ready yet to meet up. I have social and general anxiety which has led to depression and a lot of health worries. It sucks really. No proper social life, no going out having fun, no nothing..it's horrible. I'd admire you for trying to get out and beat it. I'm hoping soon to be able to be more social and actually not care too much about what people think and just do things without caring.

good luck. if you ever want to talk, just send me a message.
    Last edited by Lilica-Demetier; 04-11-09 at 15:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilica-Demetier View Post
    hey, I live in kent, I'm 18, but unfortunately I don't think I'd be quite ready yet to meet up. I have social and general anxiety which has led to depression and a lot of health worries. It sucks really. No proper social life, no going out having fun, no nothing..it's horrible. I'd admire you for trying to get out and beat it. I'm hoping soon to be able to be more social and actually not care too much about what people think and just do things without caring.

good luck. if you ever want to talk, just send me a message.
    thank you for the support, i hope you find the strength very soon to go out and about without a care in the world coz speaking from experience the longer you stay indoors the more anxious it can feel when you do go out.

you just have to think what's the worst that can really happen,i do my self suffer from social anxiety but last month i went all they way up to manchester on the trainand before i even arrived at the london tube station i was panicky and when i was on the underground the panick attacks where in full motion.
    i was finding it hard to sit still whilst surrounded by loads of people on the tube train, to make things worse i still had a 2 hour train journey to manchester to catch, again i still kept getting panick attacks on the train journey to manchester but i got to go the football match that i wanted to see and returned back to strood with no real medical problem but just a slight temperature.

That's cool that you did go on train on your own.
    I do go out, working in a charity shop and then doing an art class and just going out shopping and the market and taking my dog for a walk but I never go on my own. I'm sort of waiting for my meds to work cos I've just had a really bad year and I need to feel more stable. Oneday I will do it though.
    Where abouts you live then? I live in maidstone..you ever been there? very poluted and busy hehe

i live in strood, i am also just starting on some meds and trying to get a voluntary job in a shop to do with rochester cathedral which will hopefully give me good enough retail experience for a payed job.

What meds? I'm on citalopram 20mg. I'm really hoping to start feeling better. Working in a voluntary shop is awesome cos it does give you experience without the pressure of a paid job. I've worked at mine for a year and a bit :P it still stresses me out though, I think I need like cbt to think more calmly about stuff.

well, good luck with the job

i'm on just 5mg of citalopram at the moment.

I sent you a private message about it

Hello. I'm in Medway too

gravesend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information