Thread: Dont Know What To Do !!

Dont Know What To Do !!

Hi

I really dont know what to do, I suffer with bad anxiety have done for three years now, Have been seeing a phyciatrist roughly every four months. but over the last three or four months my condition has deteriated alot i used to be able to go shopping and visit friends etc , pubs and social outtings have been a no no though ever since i became ill. Now gradually the things i used to be able to do i cant anymore and now i am practically agraphobic i cant go anywhere.

my husband tryed to get hold of the phyciatrist but there das been no joy so he phoned my GP and explained that i cant go anywhere not even to the surgery . She just say oh thats terrible and is going to send someone out. That was over a week ago and i still have not heard from anyone.

I feel like i am facing a loosing battle and feel very alone and depressed

any suggestions

thanks

jen

hi there, you have come to the right place Jen, i know exactly how you feel, i used to be like you, i suffer agoraphobia and panic attacks, my social life is coming back again, and gradually getting out there again. can you not get to see your pschiatrist at all jen, im here if you ever need someone to chat to ok

are you on meds at all and have you ever tried rescue remedy?

my msn address is Hollyandlady@hotmail.co.uk

Take Care
    Lucy

"There is always light at the end of the tunnel"

Thanks lucy

I cant go to see anyone the only place i can go which is also getting harder is my mums which is a two min drive away. Im terrible if i know im going somewhere im sick , feel faint and constantly need the toilet. Its like the services dont want to know if you cant get out to them!
    I was on meds but they made me feel really bad (constantly hungover) so i weaned off them , I think i need reassesing though as cant go on like this.

thanks again
    jen x

Hi Jen

I touched on how you are feeling a few months ago and made mysef a plan to get better with a new tiny task every day. To start with it was to go in to the post office to post a letter. I saw each stage as a success - day one just drive to the post office and sit outside, day 2 get out of the car and go to the door etc etc building up more places week by week.

Had a relapse a while ago and an using the technique and it is working.

Give it ago - I found this site good too (hope I am Ok to post it?)

http://www.panic-attacks.co.uk/panic...e_contents.htm

It helped me to think from anothee angle.

Hi Jen,
    Sorry you feel so awful at the moment. I understand exactly how you feel. Get hubby to ring the gp again to get the ball rolling. I think it's great you are still able to visit your mum, keep at it.Try to get there as ofen as you can.. As for everything else, start slowly, keep practising, i started by standing at the front door/garden door, going on the the first lamppost, maybe to the corner of the street, keep at it, although you may be feeling sick/dizzy/anxious, it will not harm you they are just feelings, and once you are not as afraid of those symptoms, things will slowly settle down. I know at the moment it all seems helpless and impossible, but i can assure you, along with many others, you will come out of this. and you are certainly not alone in this. take care and keep in touch. xxxx

Thank you very much for your advice. i will try the door step and take small steps iwill try it tomorow night, would do it now but its raining hard outside and i find things harder to do in the day , it feels to spacious if that makes any sense stupid i know!!!

thanks again

jen x

Hi Jen,
    It is raining heavy here too, just try to take the 'rubbish' out, just poke your head round the door, no-one will see you and if you are spotted by a neighbour or whatever, just pretend you are cooking something and have to go in quickly, Just poke your nose out of that door, and that's an order!! xxxxxxtake care.

hi,

i know exactly how you feel and it is hard. get to soc and make sure you get the support you need. dont sit and wait for them r ul b like me. ive waited 2 years to get to see a psyciatrist. and i havent got the app yet. so were iv got to now, although i have slipped back abit, is all through my own hard work.

small steps. i use to just stand at the door. then go back inside. i done that til i was ready to put a step outside. then 2 the gate. then outside the gate. it doesnt matter how long it takes r wot people think of you. it will give your some confidence step by step. try to work thru the anxiety.

i have slipped back and am scared to go out but every day i go out that door. sometimes its so so hard but i have to do it r i dont feel im making the effort myself. take your time. i no wot its like.

take care and im here to chat to if you like.pm me if you want.

the site will help you.
    thinking of you.x

lin x

Thanks carlin and lin i will try it tomorow i promise , thanks for your advice i really appreciate it. How on earth did we end up like this thats what i ask my self i am only 24 i just hope i can get my life back on track.

take care

jen xx

Hi Jen,

I'm of the same school as Angie.

I too set myself small goals - I start with going out for a short evening walk just up my road with one of the kids. I do this at night as somehow that makes me feel more invisible. I can now do this bit on my own!!

I do each stage until it feels comfortable before moving on to the next bit. At first it was just standing in my garden, next 3 house on and so on and so on.

Over the last 6 weeks I have moved from this to the corner shop and then our local small town (still accompanied at this stage but I know it will come). It is all baby steps and I no longer measure it in time because that is unesessary pressure.

You will get there in your own time no need to rush!!!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thread Information