Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Twitching

Re: Muscle Twitching

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    the blood test will rule out deficiencies & a blood count to make sure your not anemic. Magnesium deficiency has one big symptom ... twitching!! they will also check your thyroid, dont worry you wont get told anything bad. Im still anxious i guess because when i had my lump i relised that their could be something seriously wrong with me & how i would have to leave my son etc. I have a lot of symptoms which yes are probably anxiety but i have done the worst thing and googled everything. i know far too much about various illnesses and things & i am constantly convinced i have something terrible. I find at the weekend i am 99% ok as i have my partner with me & we are busy, Its when im on my own i worry :(

I have just realised that i havent had a muscle twitch today, though about it for 5 mins and bam! one in my leg.... silly anxiety!

Thanks for the reassurance.
    My twitches are exactly the same as yours, you realise you haven't had one for a while and start thinking about it and then Bam you get one.
    It’s funny because I try and rationalise about the situation, ie I had a bad back and started to worry and then I got ache’s in my arms and hands and then I got muscle twitching. All of these symptoms started after I started to worry, I can see that and yet I live in a constant state of high alert, aware of every little ache, pain or muscle twitch and analyze each one.
    I never thought I would suffer from something like this, I’m not the type.

Thanks again for replying though, it really helps to know I’m not alone

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry1972 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance.
    My twitches are exactly the same as yours, you realise you haven't had one for a while and start thinking about it and then Bam you get one.
    It’s funny because I try and rationalise about the situation, ie I had a bad back and started to worry and then I got ache’s in my arms and hands and then I got muscle twitching. All of these symptoms started after I started to worry, I can see that and yet I live in a constant state of high alert, aware of every little ache, pain or muscle twitch and analyze each one.
    I never thought I would suffer from something like this, I’m not the type.

Thanks again for replying though, it really helps to know I’m not alone
    i thought i wasn't the type either lmao, i was so laid back and relaxed all the time i was a step away from a sloth, now i too have been having terrible health anxiety and twitching for the past few months, and like you all it takes is a thought like, oh i haven't had that for a while, or i'm glad thats stopped and bang it's back again.

I bet and hope your blood test results will be fine.

hi blackberry do you get any body shaking as well i get when my nerves are bad shaking and vibrating inside my body

this question is to anyone else do anyone else wake up thinking there dying palpitations heart beating fast and trembling inside so frightened need some support please

Quote Originally Posted by maureen berry View Post
    hi blackberry do you get any body shaking as well i get when my nerves are bad shaking and vibrating inside my body
    Sorry for taking so long to reply but I only log in when i'm feeling bad.

Back to your question, when I first started to worry I did shake a little especially when i went to bed as I have nothing to take my mind off of anything. The shaking has stopped as has the ache in my arms and hands and all I have now is the twitching. In fact I have a twitch now in my right shoulder which is annoying and worrying me in equal measure.
    What brought on your Anxiety Maureen?

BTW I had my blood tests which I should get the results of on Monday.

Well I got my blood results on Monday and everything is fine. Now I need to move on from this and start enjoying life again.
    Since Monday I have been more positive and am totally ignoring any muscle twitching that I am getting. I guess after 5 months of Anxiety the body will take a while to settle back down and for the twitching to go away?

Hi BB,
    I had an abdominal surgery weeks ago, a major surgery and afterwards my anxiety skyrocketed. I began having twitches as a result. Mainly in my legs and arms but somedays my eyes and other spots as well. I feared blood clots after the surgery and I almost wonder if that was what got things started. I havent seen my doctor about the twitching because I know he will say I am somatotizing like he always says. I have had panic/anxiety since I was about 15 and I am 33 now. The surgery just escalated things.
    I am sorry for the lose of your father, mine died when I was 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonj View Post
    Hi BB,
    I had an abdominal surgery weeks ago, a major surgery and afterwards my anxiety skyrocketed. I began having twitches as a result. Mainly in my legs and arms but somedays my eyes and other spots as well. I feared blood clots after the surgery and I almost wonder if that was what got things started. I havent seen my doctor about the twitching because I know he will say I am somatotizing like he always says. I have had panic/anxiety since I was about 15 and I am 33 now. The surgery just escalated things.
    I am sorry for the lose of your father, mine died when I was 15.
    Was the loss of your Father at 15 the start of your Anxiety?

Yes it triggered it all.

Blackberry,

I lost my Mum in February to MS, a few months later having ploughed on sorting out her estate and not dealing with my grief I started tingling, twitching, dizzy, strange sensations all over my body. Clearly my first fear and dear Dr Google informed me MS, MS, MS.
    I have been for the brain MRI - all clear and have just finished bereavement counselling - it has helped. Not out of the woods yet but heading in the right direction. It is comforting for me to read a story of how bereavement can bring on such symptoms for me, so I wanted you to know that you are not alone and it does happen that grief can cause all this.

I wish you well in coming to terms with your loss and moving on from your symptoms.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information