Thread: 15 days in, does it get any better?

Unhappy 15 days in, does it get any better?

Hi

I'm day 15 and apart from the horrendous first week I started to feel a little better, even managed to get into work for a few hours yesterday but today is a different story, I can stop shaking and I'm being sick all the time, my stomach wont stop churning, it's not even worth me taking my tablet as I know it wont stay day for long. I'm feeling really down, can't understand why I felt so good last week and bad again now.

Can anyone share their thughts?? x x

Re: 15 days in, does it get any better?

it is porbably the thought of work again it sounds like same feeling we get when going to see dentist try to relax hope your day goes well

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    it is porbably the thought of work again it sounds like same feeling we get when going to see dentist try to relax hope your day goes well
    No I dont have to go to work again so it's not that, perhaps I just have a bug, we can't put everything down to the tablets.

Hi LJL

Yes it will get better. I have been on fluoxetine for about 8 weeks now and it was only in the last 2 weeks that I have felt a lot calmer and less anxious. It is still very early days for you, and at that stage my stomach was churning 24 hours, I couldn't eat and felt constantly sick. My stomach is much calmer now and I actually want to eat! I think in the initial stages the meds can heighten your anxiety until it gets into your system. So please tell yourself it will all calm down and you will start to see a difference. Believe you me, at your stage, I was ready to give up the meds cos I thought they were doing me no good at all. Don't give up at this stage. Hope this helps x

sorry, meant to add as well that it's perfectly normal to have good days followed by bad. If you are having some good days, see that as progress x

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose View Post
    Hi LJL

Yes it will get better. I have been on fluoxetine for about 8 weeks now and it was only in the last 2 weeks that I have felt a lot calmer and less anxious. It is still very early days for you, and at that stage my stomach was churning 24 hours, I couldn't eat and felt constantly sick. My stomach is much calmer now and I actually want to eat! I think in the initial stages the meds can heighten your anxiety until it gets into your system. So please tell yourself it will all calm down and you will start to see a difference. Believe you me, at your stage, I was ready to give up the meds cos I thought they were doing me no good at all. Don't give up at this stage. Hope this helps x
    Thanks.

I'm not going to give up, I just cant understand why I feel so ill again, haven't felt like this since the beginning, well at least I know there working!!!

I felt ok at the start. I went on a lovely cruise for 2 weeks and couldn't believe I'd got through it. I was so nervous before going because I'd felt so ill and knew the holiday had cost my partner a lot of money. Then when I came home I went downhill again and had to be signed off work. So I think you are having a similar experience to me. I couldn't understand it either (the fact I was ok on holiday and then went quickly downhill again) - but now I feel my mood has lifted a bit, the stomach doesn't churn so much, and it's not as dark now, if you see what I mean! Hang on in there!

You might be going through a "blip" where you temporarily feel worse. These are common, especially in the early days, and they get easier to manage as you become used to them and learn that you will start to feel better.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information