Thread: 4 days of almost constant pain - can't stand it!!!

4 days of almost constant pain - can't stand it!!!

My stomach is still hurting today. It hurts all over - under my ribs (gnawing, knotty pain), across my tummy button (cramps) and low down on the left and right (sharper pains). I am in agony!!

It doesn't wake me at night. It starts after I have been up for an hour or so. I am very windy (burping all the time) and feel bloated. I had bad diarrhoea for 3 days earlier in the week but quite normal now. The pain is awful. It feels worse when I worry about it. I have low back ache too.

HELP!!!!!

Re: 4 days of almost constant pain - can't stand it!!!

Have you not seen a doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Worrying maybe makes the pain worse. Whenever I get like that (currently enduring a painful period) I take a couple of ibuprofen and get a hot water bottle. A lot of people in my family report similar symptoms to yours when they're under-stress, so maybe just try and relax.
    I hope you feel better soon.

youy couldl have trapped wind but if its that bad i would ,deffinatly have a word with dr ,,ps have you eaten anything do you think that was off

It could be acid indigestion, IBS, trapped wind, gastroenteritis. Any number of things really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've been like that everyday for months, the only thing that is helping it is the charcoal capsules from Holland and Barretts. For only £2.99 they are worth a try

I went to the doctor the other day and she didn't seem bothered. Just said it was my ibs. I have had similar episodes before but I don't remember it hurting so much!! I had a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound in May when I had the last bout which showed nothing. Three years ago when it started, I had a barium xray, colonoscopy and loads of blood tests which were also clear.

I am hoping it will go soon but whenever I get any symptom, I always seem to hold on to it and it lasts for ages!!

The doctor prescribed microgynon for me as I have had very painful periods and mid-cycle problems since having my 3rd child. I have been really worrying about cancer and stuff recently and a friend of mine died suddenley in September of asthma so I have been quite stressed recently. I think this has brought on a rather nasty bout of ibs but it is so draining!!

Hi Jo

Im sorry that you are still feeling so bad. I feel just the same and have had diarrhoea again all day today. I noticed a bit of blood today so I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as I cant take any more of this. I have had an endoscopy but not a colonoscopy so Im gonna push for this I think. Im worried that it might be very unpleasant :( I hope that you feel better soon. I wish I could offer some advice for you. I hate this IBS so much.

Thread Information