Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: pregnant and very scared..pls send some love my way

Re: pregnant and very scared..pls send some love my way

Quote Originally Posted by stopthissong View Post
    Hi!
    Wow I had never heard of this phobia before (im new on here)
    Firstly, No you are not a pathetic excuse for a woman, I would think many people would be scared of this. Im guessing you have a loving partner or husband with you that will be with you step by step of the way, if not you have family etc. You will never be alone in this, you will always be with someone. I am only 16 but I would think that you wouldn't be fearing needles at this time as you wouldn't really be thinking about that. Lets face it, you know it will be painful, but think how many other woman have done this before and all they can see is the happy side of it and im sure that will be the case for you too!
    Try and look at is this way, when you do have your beautiful child, your fear will most likely be cured.
    I was reading in a magazine somewhere how to deal with a fear or a habit.
    The first step was to write down the pros and cons. What is going to be bad coming from this? What will be good? I can think of many good things
    Then the next step was to sit in a quiet place and close your eyes, focus on your breathing and then visualize the end result, see yourself, in your mind, with that beautiful baby girl or baby boy that you have dreamed of. See how happy you and your partner are, see your family doting over him/her, see the happiness this little bundle of joy has brought you.
    Now come back... how good was that place that you saw in your mind? really good, right?
    Try not to be scared, I know it is hard for you, but it will be so fantastic in the end. My mum always tells me that it was all worth it, and she would do it all again for me, the pain you get from childbirth is over-ruled by the amount of happiness and love that her children bring her, and i think that's what many mothers would say.
    Look at the bright side, this is really what we are on earth for. You are a strong woman and can do this without fear. Say that to yourself everyday in the mirror, and soon you will start believing it and being it.
    "I am a strong woman and I can do this!" say it now!! all the best and good luck.
    xoxoxox
    Hi there

I don't think you have manged to read all this thread, Peach actually gave birth to her gorgeous son already.

She is a strong woman

Congratulations Peach - you're now the proud parent of a beautiful little boy, perfect in his own wonderful way.. You really are an inspiration, and your story has been amazing.

Thank you so much for sharing it with me, and us. I know you came her looking for help, but I honestly think you've helped everyone else more than we ever could hope to help you.

Good luck to you and your wonderful little family. I wish you all the best for the future and may the fertility fairy come and bless you again sometime soon!!

Take care Peach.

Ziggy x

Congratulations for having a beautiful baby boy AND getting through your fears. Youve done a brilliant job and your son is lucky to have such a caring mum. He's going to be so cherished because you had to struggle so much to get him.
    I wish you all well
    x

Peach,

Congratulations on having a beautiful baby. You have been such a trooper and it means so much that you have journaled this entire journey for us. Your strength and dedication is amazing. You will be a fantastic mother and your child could not be welcomed into better arms. I wish you a lifetime of happiness to you and your entire family. Much love to you!

Peach,

I have followed this thread to the end and just wanted to say that you are such an amazing and inspirational woman. You are definitely and idol to many women on this site and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your experience with us. You are strong and proud and I admire you greatly.

I work with children who have this condition and, although it can be tough for you, they are the most pure-hearted, loving and beautiful people in the world. He will be an amazing boy, especially with a mother like you.

Congratulations and much much much love.

Well done Peach!! I am hoping I can one day go through a pregnancy I am 100% I would like a c-section rather than ever having a natural birth.

Hope your journey with a little one is an exciting one - he is adorable!!!

x

Brilliant news, well done on the birth of your little boy
    I hope you get given time to get your head around the Downs news, I've a friend whose 2nd boy has Downs & he's wonderful, the real ringleader of the pack of 3, about to be 4 boys! There is a lot of info/support groups online in case you're not getting any info from health visitors etc. If you need any info let me know & I'll get her to get in touch with you.

Next up, wish I'd caught up with the thread ages ago as I've just seen that you didn't think there was time for hypnotherapy. I'd urge any tokophobes to have some hypnotherapy sessions, you should have an average of 4-6 sessions, but can expect *significant* results after just one. The hypnotherapist takes a detailed case history & you work out between you what causes the worst fears step by step, then get to work on reducing them to an acceptable level.

Childbirth without Fear is a great book, by Grantly Dick-Read. Several hypno programmes like HypoBirthing arose because of his work. However, for extreme tokophobes, while the book or a course will help, you'd benefit more from some 1-1 sessions to start with, to get to the 'normal' levels of fear most women have when they get pregnant. I know the fear in some cases can be so severe it can cause fertility issues, so until the fears are resolved, it can impact on those who are ttc as well.

Hope you're recovering from the c-section nicely, you did better than me in getting to the 10cm, I stuck on 5! So you know that your body can physically do what it's designed to do, your baby just needed to be rescued & you were in the safest place for him at the time. I wish you much luck & happiness with your new family x

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread Information