Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do i have the right to ask for an mri scan ?

do i have the right to ask for an mri scan ?

Hi, some of you will know that i have been suffering from daily headaches for around 4 months now. Ive had blood tests which were fine. Ive tried everything from tiger balm to different medications but nothing really works. As its been going on so long do i have the right to ask for an mri scan ? Im also feeling sick and dizzy, i just dont feel right at all. Im sick of being fobbed off with different medications that dont work.

Re: do i have the right to ask for an mri scan ?

Yes hun u do its going on 2 long i had mri scan cos i was admitted with bad headaches. Now ur with a different doc demand one.

Ive got an appointment later but im worried about asking incase they refuse. Im just sick of this headache, i want to know the exact cause of it, im sick of being fobbed off x

hi my friend have you tried those migrane cool strips you put on your head ,my mum sufferd with migrane it could go on for weeks she had all you symtoms look into it hun it could be it can be brought on by worry love mxxx

No i havent tried them. Ive tried everything else though. Is it possible to have a migraine for 4 months ? The only thing im worried about at the moment is this headache, im sick of being in pain every day, its ruining my life. Ive never really suffered from headaches before except when ive had a hangover but i havent had a drink since this headache started so it cant be that lol.
    Sarah xxx

it could be there called migraleve if they work it might be there cooling strips my daughter suffers with migraine and swears by themxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ive tried them cooling strips heat pads did nothing for me really know how u feel sarah docs dont understand how worried u r and if it puts your mind at rest? Have u had a ct scan? My head has been slighltly better by taking pregabalin 300mg aday

Quote Originally Posted by anx mum View Post
    Ive tried them cooling strips heat pads did nothing for me really know how u feel sarah docs dont understand how worried u r and if it puts your mind at rest? Have u had a ct scan? My head has been slighltly better by taking pregabalin 300mg aday
    i agree they dont work for everyone but sarah could try see if they ease the pain if they do ,it will be good also i agree have word again with docter

I'm sure you can put your case to the GP.

I find on the NHS that it's difficult to have 'investigative' work done and the emphasis is always placed in 'treatment'.

of course you should demand an MRI - get your GP to refer you to a neurologist for treatment. I saw a neurologist actually but my headache was decreasing so he advised i get an MRI if it gets worse. He also said I could take amitriptyline.

Unfortunately it has got worse - head was throbbing like a heart last night! so im getting back to his secretary to ask for scan.

Also im going to start the amitriptyline soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information