Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your I.B.S triggers

Your I.B.S triggers

Last few days I have had occasional stomach cramps & really bubbly tummy, right under the ribs? No particular side.
    Trouble is, I dont actually know whats causing it, so cant yet rule out a particular thing!
    What triggers your I.B.S? Maybe there's something I'm eating, that I am not thinking is high risk, like my craving for crusty rolls at the moment. Today those with sardine paste, scones, crisps & a chocolate bar are all ive had? Cant think any of those would cause it?

Re: Your I.B.S triggers

My triggers:

Lots of dairy

Spicy food

Certain marinades and sauces

Anything very very acidic

Carbonated beverages

Anything fried or greasy

Sometimes not eating more frequently/close together causes me a lot of problems because the emptier my stomach is, the harder it is for me to consume a real meal and my stomach and IBS really bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessFog View Post
    My triggers:

Lots of dairy

Spicy food

Certain marinades and sauces

Anything very very acidic

Carbonated beverages

Anything fried or greasy

Sometimes not eating more frequently/close together causes me a lot of problems because the emptier my stomach is, the harder it is for me to consume a real meal and my stomach and IBS really bother me.
    Hmmm, none of those seem to be my problem at the moment. Maybe I have just eaten too much rubbish! I know I cant cope with too much stir fry for example, 2 weeks ago I had a very uncomfortable time at work due to eating a wok full, & I mean full of that that the night before lol Have had 2 lots of that this week, but smaller amounts.
    Have terrible wind too! Hope its gone by the morning, start work at 6
    x

white bread and processed food trigger my ibs

Quote Originally Posted by Gazman View Post
    white bread and processed food trigger my ibs
    Do you get the bubbly tummy?
    I wonder if its the bread rolls, ive had loads this week. Will lay off those & see if thats it.

Bread (takes quite a bit though)
    Chocolate
    Tea (not caffeine)
    Nicotine patches
    Alcohol

As I've quit smoking and don't drink that's not really an issue, but I do miss my cups of tea... and looking at that list, having a chocolate digestive sandwich and a cup of tea is a big no... pfft. IBS, who needs it eh!?

sometimes bubbly tummy, lots of wind from both ends .... nice... and generally uncomfortable and sometimes pain, i get a whole hodge podge of different feelings with my ibs but it mostly comes on when i'm anxious and then i can eat anything and it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cococj View Post
    Bread (takes quite a bit though)
    Chocolate
    Tea (not caffeine)
    Nicotine patches
    Alcohol

As I've quit smoking and don't drink that's not really an issue, but I do miss my cups of tea... and looking at that list, having a chocolate digestive sandwich and a cup of tea is a big no... pfft. IBS, who needs it eh!?
    Its frustrating thats for sure. At the moment I feel like a beached whale! All bloated. I really do need to sort my diet out, I can eat some junk! I think I cant get away with that anymore.
    Its a bit annoying that too much veg is one I definately know starts it off, veg is supposed to be healthy! lol

Are you taking any fiber? That takes the beached feeling away for me nowadays.

Depends on the veg, green leaved things tend to make you quite gassy anyway, so if that's the issue try steering clear of them a little. I don't have a problem with most veg though come to think of it add POTATOES to that list of mine... or thankfully fruit, if I couldn't have some fruit I'd probably go crazy, though again it's a case of not going overboard, I ate 2 lbs of grapes the other night... yeah, probably a bit random.

I have a diet I switch to when I feel really bloated, I've tried all sorts of medications and remedies to get rid of the bloating but it never helps, so I just switch to bland food for a couple of days and sorted, though it took me a while to find what was okay for me, and it's always different for everyone. It's basically, oats (porridge), pasta and noodles, nothing spicy or whatever it's quite boring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information