Thread: Do you want to hide away

Do you want to hide away

Do you find it difficult to carry on with everyday life? I just want to stay at home and hide away from everyone until this passes, supposing it ever will. I dont want to go to work, I want to just sit here on this website as its the only thing that makes me feel better. Anyone else the same?

Re: Do you want to hide away

Hi Humly

Exactly the same (I could have written that)!! I have been suffering badly with severe anxiety. A few weeks ago I could not get myself out of bed, and things like just making a cup of tea was a mammoth task for me (ridiculous isnt it)!! I have not been able to go out because I've had such a fear of bumping into anyone I know. I find it a very lonely illness, and I think unless people have had it, they don't understand. Like you, I have found this website a comfort because we can identify with others feelings and symptoms, and that in itself is a huge relief.

So don't feel you are on your own, and as time goes on it will get betterxx

I have felt like that for the longest time, and ended up doing nothing because I felt frightened of everything and everybody. Now I am forcing myself to do things and have started working again (temping), which is better as I don't have so much time to think about things. I am hoping that if I keep going, that one day I will start to enjoy life again.

I go onto this website nearly every day - for inspiration on my "good" days, and for consolation when things are bad.

At first it was harder to get up and do stuff. But now I know that going to work every day and doing things is the only way to keep your sanity through all of this.

Yes, this site is brilliant - it makes you feel normal again when you know that others are feeling like you, but occupation also has to come into it to help you recover. Trying to carry on with your normal everyday affairs, work, etc. will help you get better. Just being in the "land of the living" makes you realise that you're not the only person with worries and problems and this in itself can help you cope. There are some unfortunate people who can't get out of the house, so I think we need to make an effort if we can for our own benefit. Hope you feel better soon.
    Myra

Thread Information