Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregabalin Update

Re: Pregabalin Update

Thanks Alex, but i just feel so hopeless. How can the Pregab support you one day and then not the next? I feel like i have gone back weeks. I went out this morning,did something physical and came back a wreck. Been in bed all day since. Hope it is a blip. I will let you know.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So how's everyone doing on the pregabalin? It's been very quiet here....

Because I've been on it so long now (stopped counting the months but must be 8/9) I can't really comment. I did reduce the dose from a whopping 600mg to 300mg and I didn't feel any difference really - just reduced my appetite a bit (which I'm not moaning about).

Many doctors are hailing it as the *new* Valium, which I have my doubts about, but, anyway, hope you're all doing well on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    So how's everyone doing on the pregabalin? It's been very quiet here....

Because I've been on it so long now (stopped counting the months but must be 8/9) I can't really comment. I did reduce the dose from a whopping 600mg to 300mg and I didn't feel any difference really - just reduced my appetite a bit (which I'm not moaning about).

Many doctors are hailing it as the *new* Valium, which I have my doubts about, but, anyway, hope you're all doing well on it.
    Melancholia

I still have my new job four weeks in. Still feel dreadful tension everyday but I'm still making progress. The pregabalin still seems to be doing its thing for me, apart from I'm still very dizzy all the time. I dont think this is because of the pregabalin though I've been like this for two years so it must just be a symptom that is not yet under control.

We will all get there eventually I know it!!

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Melancholia

I still have my new job four weeks in. Still feel dreadful tension everyday but I'm still making progress. The pregabalin still seems to be doing its thing for me, apart from I'm still very dizzy all the time. I dont think this is because of the pregabalin though I've been like this for two years so it must just be a symptom that is not yet under control.

We will all get there eventually I know it!!
    I get the dizziness occasionally too but apart from that no other side effects.

Keep up the good work - you will get better!

Hi all, thought i'd update.

Been doing really well. Considering i have been on the pregabalin 375mg per day for about 4-6 weeks, looking back i have come a long way. 6 weeks ago, i was working at home and couldnt really face the world or even friends and family. Now i have found some creative things i can do in my work and i am going to work everyday. Sounds huge but i own a little grocers and its only a 2 minute walk away. I can now walk there though which i couldnt before and i can be taken in the car a few miles now.
    I am busy all day, everyday, almost to extremes at times. Scared to stop. I am far from cured but i dont live my life curled in the foetal position anymore and i can walk and not shuffle. Most of the time i can hold my head high rather than frowning and not looking ahead of me.
    Went to nuero last week, he reckons i suffer with basilar migraines. Not convinced but he has given me small doses of amiltryptiline (i think) which is an old type anti depressant, but like i say, i am not convinced of that diagnosis. He wants me to have a ct scan on 27th. Terrified of that because i become a wreck again in the hospital, shuffling, cant bear the light, i shrink into myself, dizzy, wanting to find the way out, cant breathe. terror.
    Anyway, basically i am quite pleased with myself although i am still a little negative and feel hopeless at times. I am scared i wont be able to lead a normall life still. Whatever, i am doing really well on pregab so if anyone is trying it, definitely give it a go. It has worked better than anything else i have tried and that list is quite long!
    X

Hey Nuttee...

How are things going? Is the ami helping with headaches? I have neuro in feb for headaches. x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information