Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Garden Birds

Re: Garden Birds

Hello.I have just noticed the birds are back after the cyclone.They were very quiet for a week,I had no kookaburra's on my back fence or Rosella's even the crows were in hiding.Aboriginals say the birds disappear when they know a big storm or bad weather is coming,also when you see lots of black cockatoos,it means rain is on the way.But i am pleased the birds are back........so lovely to hear in the morning.I also have a big birdbath in my backyard.
    Rhonda x

Hi Rhonda

Glad the birds are back and more to the point that you're ok after the cyclone! Sounds pretty scarey.

I hadn't heard of a rosella before so I googled it - my aren't they beautiful!!

What other kinds of birds come to your backyard?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Hi Slothette
    I get beautiful birds in my yard......Honeyeaters,Curlews they sound terrible at night sounds like someone screaming.Sparrows.Butcherbirds Magpies and lots of cockatoo's,that's because of the big bird bath and feeding trays my hubby built.I have the Blue Rosella in my yard,no Mountain larries.Oh I nearly forgot the Lorakeets they are beautiful birds,they eat the nectar off a tree out the back,and you know that saying..........Pissed as a parrot,wellthat is them,they are so funny to watch,they fly into the house and you think they are dead,but turn them over and they fly away,so funny.I can go on and on,out west of here there are millions of wild budgies,just magnificent to see,We certaintly have some wonderful,beautiful birds.
    Have a Great Easter.
    Rhonda

This morning there was a pelican in my yard...I do live across the road from the beach,but it is the first time i've had a pelican in the yard.I have named him Peter.

Our little housemartins are back. They come each year and build a nest just under the front of our roof. It's so funny because it looks like a nest with an extra bit on the side which looks like an extension! They're upmarket our housemartins!! We don't need an alarm clock in the morning when they come. Their chatter wakens us up!! They'll be there for a few months and we'll be out with the bucket each morning, cleaning their droppings!! That's the only drawback - we wish they could be house-trained!!
    Myra x

Aww Myra thats lovely. I'm still waiting to see some swifts darting about in the sky. Anyone seen any yet?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Just wanted to bump this thread because it was lovely reading it again and now that the weather has taken a turn for the worst once more it seemed appropriate. LookingforAnswers and some of the other members put some great pics on it too.

Ive moved house since I posted on it this time last year and now have a canal in front of my house, which has been frozen for a couple of weeks so have been feeding the swans and ducks...

Anna xx

Hi Guys,haven't been here for yonks, thought I'd put my Robin photo back on
    Robin_fork2.jpg

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information