Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Seroxat Diary

Re: My Seroxat Diary

Hi Bexie,

Well I'm on day 6 now and so far no improvement, yesterday was a nightmare i felt so depressed and i'm never normally like that, I burst into tears as i couldn't pack a box properly!!! felt like a right idiot lol

I'm stll hiding in the house as i can't bear people at the minute, thankfully the people that are around me are aware of what's going on so no pressure from them now.

The doctor refused to give me any Diazapam ( which i expected) but instead gave me Amitriptyline 10mg... although i googled and don't really see how that's going to calm me down much to be honest.
    I've been told to take one at night before bedtime so maybe it'll have a calming effect in the mornings to, which i'm still feeling sick as a dog during.

Hopefully things will have settled down before xmas as I have my dad up for two weeks over that period and it'll be a pain if i'm still all over the place.

I've also decided against drinking at the moment ( i was to start with just to cope with it ) but it was a vicious circle.

Hope you are starting to feel better.

Maxine

I'm on my 4th week now of Cipralex and over the past few days, I have just started to get better.

Just wish my head would calm own and stop finding silly symptoms

Hi Max

Have been finding things very hard, but think things are getting a little better. However it could be the diaz, which i've been on for two weeks. Starting to eat a little bit more solid food and sleeping is getting better. Evenings are the best, feel almost normal...but still dragging myself through the day.

I know how you feel about just hiding away from people, you just don't feel part of the world anymore.

Thanks emma for your words of encouragement, i never tire of hearing when people start to improve.

Love and hugs to you both

Bexie

HI Bexie and Emma :-)

Ok day 7.. I slept well last night for a change after taking the Amitripyline and actually felt a bit calmer this morning. For a change here's hoping that's the start of the mornings being a little easier.

I'm trying to keep as stress free as poss which is hard being it's coming up to xmas and there are a zillion things to do.

Still not eating too much although my appitite seems to be improving as at least i am eating now.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually try and go out somewhere some point this week.

I'm hoping everything will settle down soon.

for you both

Maxine xx

Hi All

I had great intentions of writing a day by day account of starting seroxat, but things were so bad in week 2 (20 mg) that i couldn't even bring myself to write down my feelings. However 3 and a half weeks in now and things are leveling out. Appetite is back and sleeping is quite good. A long way to go yet...but feel i'm over the worst. Hope things are ok with all of you

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Hi Bexie,

Don't worry about not writing things down every day, just keep us posted as and when you can

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I'm on day 12 now.. so far not too bad.. sleeping better, eating much better.. anxiety argh stll through the roof but hopefully it will start settling down soon.

Still on 20mg and apparently it takes 3-4 weeks before any real improvement so that's only another week to go.

I'm keeping busy at home .. just as well it's nearly xmas or i'd be bored stiff!

Maxine xx

Hi All

Just as i thought things were improving, sleep and appetite have gone again, PA's abound, anx up to 90. 4 and a half weeks in, when will this med start to work?

Hope things are a little better for you max...glad things are picking up for you emma

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Hi to all

Still feeling awful....having to push food down. Going back to doc on wed. I usually know myself the direction i want to go with meds eg. change or up dose...but i'm totally lost at the moment. However, my sleep is a little better and i usually only take 1 diaz a day now...so maybe there is some progress. I felt quite well on friday and thought i was at a turning point, but the last two days have been as bad as ever.

Anyway, hope you are all doing better.

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Hi All

Went back to doc yesterday, he encouraged me to keep going with the meds for the next 3 weeks. Yesterday and today have had more bright spots, eating and sleeping much better...hope it continues...but i know recovery is not a linear process.

Hope you are all having good times too

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Hi All

Great progress over the last week, sleeping and eating well. Very few anx spots, things seem to be really leveling out. Thank God. Still on diaz as well. Doc doesn't believe in the 'take as needed' approach, he thinks i should take a consistant dose every day so that anx doesn't rise at all. But will look at tapering down diaz soon. I'm not too worried about the diaz, my doc works with some very mentally sick people and says addiction is very unlikely on daily dose up to 8mg.

Anyway hope things are improving for you all....happy xmas

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information