Thread: citalopram and buspirone

citalopram and buspirone

hi does anyone know if it is ok to take citalopram and buspirone together, dr prescribed both and said the buspirone would help until the citalopram kicked in but after reading on internet it says they are both anti depressants, started taking both on monday im on 20mg citalopram 1 a day and 5mg buspirone 3 times a day increasing by 5mg every couple of days. if anyone can help please

Re: citalopram and buspirone

hi there, i was on citalopram and buspa for years worked welll for me, but i changed due to pregnacy .

can i say never look ya meds up on line,, it dont help you read all the side affects and can get ya self in a mess.

i have always though buspa was just something to take edge of aniexty, not anit-depresent. you should give them a chance to work togeather , and they cant make you feel any worse.

good luck
    lucy

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Re: citalopram and buspirone

Quote Originally Posted by happy happy ron View Post
    hi does anyone know if it is ok to take citalopram and buspirone together, dr prescribed both and said the buspirone would help until the citalopram kicked in but after reading on internet it says they are both anti depressants, started taking both on monday im on 20mg citalopram 1 a day and 5mg buspirone 3 times a day increasing by 5mg every couple of days. if anyone can help please

Hello happy happy ron, I am replying to your question of taking citalopram and buspirone together.. I was wondering if you decided to take them both together and if so, how are you doing and did they help you? I went to the Dr. Although she is as nurse practitioner gave me citalopram 20 mg. to take with the Buspar 15 mg. She advised me to break the Celex in half and try it for one week and see if that works, then start with the 20 mg for the second week.. I was wondering if the two combined would make a difference? Thank you and God bless you!

Thread Information