Thread: Duration of IBS flare up

Duration of IBS flare up

I know a lot of us suffer from this horrible syndrome. My question is, how long does each bout last for you all and do you get symptoms all day every day?

My 1st bout seemed to last for a couple of months and one earlier this year did too. I am 11 days in to my most recent one and have stomach cramps for most of the day. It can be under my ribs, across my belly or lower down. At the moment, it is across my belly - just cramps and aches. I feel bloated too. Last week, I had diarrhea, this week it seems more normal but straining more (sorry TMI) and feeling that I haven't finished!!

Let me know your experiences please.

Re: Duration of IBS flare up

I'm wondering if PMT brings mine on, the jury is still out on that because I haven't taken note really. But the last week or so I have had bloating, off & on, mostly after eating or even having a cup of tea. And cramps under the rib area. Oh & wind! And I am due on today (have the period pains)
    Will see how the I.B.S is during next week

That is interesting. I have had major hormonal problems since having my 3rd child 2 years ago and my IBS episodes have been more frequent and have lasted longer too. I am due on too and feel rubbish today. The doctor has prescribed mycrogynon so I am hoping that this may help the ibs as well as the hormones!!

This flare up for me has been lasting about 6 months so far. My Dr said it can happen where you suddenly don't get flare ups but you just get IBS symptoms everyday and that seems to be what's happening with mine. My anxiety is bad all the time so I have IBS everyday, it's terrible and I can barely leave the house I'm in that much pain and feel so sick

It is so horrible isn't it?The stomach is so linked with the brain that the more you worry, the worse it becomes and then you worry more!!

I have pain every day, pretty much all the time although it changes in place and severity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3016 View Post
    That is interesting. I have had major hormonal problems since having my 3rd child 2 years ago and my IBS episodes have been more frequent and have lasted longer too. I am due on too and feel rubbish today. The doctor has prescribed mycrogynon so I am hoping that this may help the ibs as well as the hormones!!
    I was on those ones as a teen. Cant remember how I got on with them. Hopefully they will do the trick for you x

Thread Information