Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

very informative thanks.

any experience on interaction between aropax, urbanol, epilizine, epitec and adding inositol?

Hi! I didn't see an answer to this in the pages of the thread I went through so I'll ask here. I just started taking Inositol - started low at 3 grams in the morning for the last two days. Unfortunately I have been quite agitated both days which is not normal for me.

Has anyone taking Inositol felt that way in the beginning and had it improve with time? Or is this a sign it's not for me and I should stop taking it?

Thanks

Inositol (CAS no.65-23-6,HS code293625) is a substance initially produced by human body, available as WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER. Inositol is widely used as nutritional supplements in treating bulimia, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), agoraphobia, and unipolar and bipolar depression.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlcat View Post
    Hi! I didn't see an answer to this in the pages of the thread I went through so I'll ask here. I just started taking Inositol - started low at 3 grams in the morning for the last two days. Unfortunately I have been quite agitated both days which is not normal for me.

Has anyone taking Inositol felt that way in the beginning and had it improve with time? Or is this a sign it's not for me and I should stop taking it?

Thanks
    I think you can stop eating until it is ok for you.

For the treatment of anxiety, inositol dosage differs with time. To start with, a dosage of 2000 mg twice a day should be fine (4000 mg per day). Each week, 1000 mg could be added to the existing dosage and keep on increasing it until the daily dosage reaches 18000 mg.
    The dosage seems to be high but inositol is naturally found in body and it has very rare side effects like gastric trouble.

Hi there Nopoet,

I've tried so many different supplements to try get a handle on my anxiety and negative thinking patterns.......magnesium, iodine, B12, flaxseed, and the rest.

Does this one really work for you? And how soon do you notice a difference?

I also have PTSD, which is basically the root cause of my anxiety. I've had two ten week sessions of CBT over the years and tomorrow I start a new therapy called EMDR ( have you heard of it?)

Char

x

Great information. Ive been on an ssri now for a month and to be honest they have made me more anxious and depressed, but realize I need to stick with it as its the side affects. Two days ago I noticed I was beginning to feel a slight shift in mood. Yesturday I took inositol with choline 750mg. And today feel dreadful the anxiety has ramped up again. Could this be due to the Inositol/ Choline.

Not sure if anyone looks in here anymore. But from what I've read in here it won't have any adverse effects on my prescription meds. Hoping I'm correct on what I've read.

I'm only on a 4g per day dose and for the last few days (been using it for a week) my stomach has been a little upset. The first day most of the day and the following two days just in the morning. Now when I'm anxious my insides play up anyway. Not sure if it's the inositol or just me. If anyone looks in here, let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Not sure if anyone looks in here anymore. But from what I've read in here it won't have any adverse effects on my prescription meds. Hoping I'm correct on what I've read.

I'm only on a 4g per day dose and for the last few days (been using it for a week) my stomach has been a little upset. The first day most of the day and the following two days just in the morning. Now when I'm anxious my insides play up anyway. Not sure if it's the inositol or just me. If anyone looks in here, let me know what you think.
    Higher doses might cause stomach upset but you can get around this. Did you see my earlier post about how encapsulating inositol means it is more efficiently absorbed? That way you could reduce the dose to possibly reduce stomach upset whilst keeping dosages higher.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Higher doses might cause stomach upset but you can get around this. Did you see my earlier post about how encapsulating inositol means it is more efficiently absorbed? That way you could reduce the dose to possibly reduce stomach upset whilst keeping dosages higher.
    Thanks for replying Terry. I kind of took the decision to stop taking it. I'm still not sure if it was just my insides doing their thing or if it was the powder. I did think it made a bit of a difference. But what I've been doing instead is taking a lower dose of promethazine that I was prescribed, which although not 100% effective, does take the edge off. With the added bonus that my hayfever is very well managed this year.

Oh and if anyone wants a nearly full tub of the powder, I'm happy to post it out - although I'm not sure how Royal Mail would take it if the lid flew off and white powder went flying everywhere.

Could be tricky to explain away...

I'm not convinced by the supposed properties of inositol..Too many "possibly's" and "maybe's"...and too many "cures" for a wide range of conditions.

I've nothing against the placebo effect though..if it's not too draining on the bank balance.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information