Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

I hope my posts are aiding the research initiative rather than cluttering up the thread!
    Feeling very anxious this morning, mind is racing, detatched and overwhelmed. I'm going to try upping the inositol and take about half a teaspoon with each meal. My emotions are crazy at the moment, just need to rest my mind if I can...

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

My Inositol has arrived! The tablets are 1000mg (1g). I already have IBS(D) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so as the potential side effects are diarrhoea and tiredness, I'm going to start with just one tablet per day, with my evening meal, and see how that goes before considering increasing it. Here's hoping for a positive outcome!

I hope it goes well for you Edie! I felt better as the day went on yesterday. I reckon I had 5 to 6 grams. Hard to tell if it was the inositol. Stomach is still fine. Going to try for 6 grams today and tomorrow.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Well I had a really good sleep last night, but it's too early to tell whether it was due to the inositol. Certainly a good sign though!

No digestive symptoms either.

Oh my lord. I don't think I've ever had this much gas in my life!!!! I literally can't clamp it in. Will have to go back to 4 grams if this doesn't improve!

What psycho says about inositol working best in conjunction with other things is totally right. It won't drag you up from despair. However, doing the things I usually do such as distraction, mindfulness and catching the thought trains before they start help a lot more than they used to. I can really disengage from my anxiety without it permiating my life like it did. And the mood is much improved. Been a bit hyper in fact, hoping that's just due to the excitement of my upcoming birthday though.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

For what it's worth, my mood-managing capability is far better these days than it ever has been. It requires conscious effort, but it starts to become self-sustaining as you get used to it. My new job is very hard and I'm not doing nearly as well as I thought, but I have replaced my former hopeless, whiny attitude with a kind of defiant resilience which keeps me going back for more. I'm still on mirtazapine, but don't need other substances to help manage my mood - I have started to learn how to do this myself.

The point being, most of your recovery will come from your attitude, beliefs and actions. Medication and other substances are a crutch to help you through the worst but they are not a cure and should not be relied on. If life kicks your crutch away, will you fall down, or will you be able to stand on your own feet? If you ever get confused about the direction your recovery is heading in, ask yourself this question. Then you'll know whether or not you are recovering.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

One day I hope to live likfe without any crutches to kick

I take very little inositol now, although I have a bigger dose on a rough day. Ordered another packet, good to know it's there.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Hi I'm new here and am really interested in trying this but not sure if its ok to take with venlafaxine and depakote?
    I've just this morning started to reduce my venlafaxine (150 to 112.5 ) due to being fed up with all the nasty side effects and no real difference to my anxiety.

Thanks

Yes you can as it's just a vitimin, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't updated in a while - forgotten to take it! Going to try not too and save it for if I feel really bad one time. Upon a random half a teaspoon dose the other day, I woke up with the same explosion of juice from the behind, so for me it's when I start it after being off it, but it only happens once.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thank you

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information