Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

I'm now up to 4g per day, and will increase to 5g next week. I'm not sure whether it's helping or not, but it may be.

My anxiety has not been quite so bad, but then it does go through phases anyway. There is no dramatic improvement, but then I wasn't expecting miracles anyway. If this phase lasts then it is probably down to the inositol, but at the moment I'm not sure.

I have been sleeping a little better than usual. Again, this might just be a phase. We'll see. Hopefully it will last!

I have had a couple of IBS attacks ths week on the 4g. I'm not sure whether they are related to the inositol or not. It's unusual to have two IBS attacks in a week, but not unheard of. I guess I will find out when I increase the inositol. If the IBS gets worse then I will have to reduce it again. Certainly there were no IBS problems at 3g, so I can carry on taking it for long enough to find out whether it's working.

So I'm still hopeful, just not yet totally convinced.

Hi everyone. I never came across any contra-indications except pregnancy because as PanchoGoz says, it's technically a vitamin. So unless you're pregnant, there is nothing to say you cannot combine inositol with those meds.

Edie, watch the dose strength if you are finding it provokes your stomach. I found about 4g per day was suitable for me but it may well be less for you. Are you eating well, or is the anxiety making you skip meals or eat rubbish? Maybe your body would tolerate the inositol better if you split the dose and took it morning and night?

Don't forget, you'll need to develop strong and effective strategies to help reduce your anxiety and relax your body and mind. Even a slight improvement in your sleep is something to be very pleased about

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I'm going to give this a try. I've ordered 180 500mg capsules online so we'll see how the go...

I've been doing better on the citalopram but feel I could do with something a bit extra.

I'll report back later this week when they've arrived!
    Last edited by teej; 15-12-13 at 16:55. Reason: managed order some.

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    I'm going to give this a try. I've ordered 180 500mg capsules online so we'll see how the go...

I've been doing better on the citalopram but feel I could do with something a bit extra.

I'll report back later this week when they've arrived!
    Well they arrived yesterday and I've just just taken two with my lunch so that's 1000mg to start with. I'm figuring I'm going to start at 3g a day and see what happens.

I'm at work at the moment... beginning to feel I'm rattling with all the pills I take now.

Remember to get to the toilet quick tomorrow morning! It does "flush you out"

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thanks for the warning Pancho! I'll bear that one in mind. There's 4 of us in my place using one loo so I'll warn everyone!

I've felt pretty mellow this afternoon... not sure if that's the citalopram or atarax or inositol. I'm hoping the proof in the pudding will be the sleep. The atarax gave me proper messed up dreams last night so I'm keen to not take too much of that.

Okay - well day 2 of Inositol. Still struggling to remember how to spell it.

I've had 3 grammes now over the last 24 hours. Current side effects: none. I've been a bit.... well - erm gassy this morning but nothing to write home about considering I had a curry and a lot of soda last night.

Had raging nightmares again last night but I actually slept in later. But again I was up late and took an atarax at midnight. I was so over-excited when I went to bed because of having managed to go out...

Mood today is good - despite nightmares managed to get going and yet again am feeling mellow. My mind feels quiet but foggy. Again putting the fog down to atarax and poor sleep in general.

Probably going to try cutting down / out the atarax as a next step and see where I go from there.
    Last edited by teej; 20-12-13 at 11:21. Reason: Minor change grammar

Got 4.5g in today (3 x 3 x 500mg). No problems in the food processing areas other than the odd violent gas leak. If anything I'm having less problems than usual in that region.

Terrible anxiety this morning then that's fairly usual for me but it's passed this afternoon. What could have been a fairly horrendous blip seems to have come and gone remarkably quickly.

Also managed to sleep without interruption last night despite a lack of atarax, which I'm ditching anyway because it's useless for anxiety and sleep (unless you like nightmares from hell).

Feeling very tired tonight. Certainly feeling calmer....

I'll keep reporting.

Thought I would provide a link to a research abstract with some proof of effectiveness while I'm here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9169302
    I may have some around Christmas, we'll see.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I've gently started inositol again due to stressful circumstances. I was just wandering if anyone has encountered a disturbed night's sleep after a first dose as I could barely sleep at all last night? Could well have been the storms though.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information