Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ectopics i can't take much more

Re: ectopics i can't take much more

have you tried counselling.... i had it years ago when i was really bad with anxiety and agoraphobia and it really helped me.... the psychiatric nurse visited me at home and really helped me... she explained about the symptoms i was having and it really calmed me down.. made me feel normal ish... i still have panic attacks and worry about my health all the time.. but i am sort of keeping it under control... at the moment i am reading some books on how to cope with stress and how to relax... it seems to be helping.... the thing that helps me most is reading about the symptoms of anxiety on here... i sort of think yes thats whats happening and it helps me to accept my feelings and accept what my body is doing and this helps to calm everything down..... dont get me wrong its not a miracle cure but it does help....

please take care and try to relax...

x x

Re: ectopics i can't take much more

The more you struggle with ectopics the more they're going to happen. Simple as. I've learned this over many months. I know it's so difficult and distressing, but if you accept them and carryon with your life, then the best chance there is of fading into the background and not happening so much. It's the only way.

Smile Re: ectopics i can't take much more

I've often checked into this site, it's excellent for letting us know that most of the time we've got nothing to worry about, so many people have the same problem. I've suffered with eptopic beats for ages, and although I know they are benign( I've been checked out) I still get anxious and just hate it when I get that "thump", not as bad as a lot of people have, but still several times a day and each time it stops me in my tracks. I read somewhere that lack of Magnesium and Potassium could have an influence on this, so I upped my intake of both, particularly Magnesium. I take a calcium pill which contains 250mg of mag and another vitamin pill which has 200mg of magnesium (no calcium in that pill)....I'm thrilled to report that my eptopic beats have decreased and that I now have maybe one a day, usually in the morning before I have taken my pills....
    I'm not saying this will help everyone, but my goodness, so many people are anxious about this condition, why not try it. Brazil nuts, a couple a day, will also up your Selenium and contain a little Magnesium, it all helps. A banana is a healthy snack and contains quantities of both Magnesium and potassium. If you overdose on magnesium, you'll get the trots, but so it's easy to regulate your intake - Good luck folks......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information