Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Without A Trace

Without A Trace

I was trying to think of a really witty subject heading - but couldn't think of anything even halfway decent, so have called this "Without A Trace". It's the name of my favourite t.v. programme, but more than that, I think that if I disappeared one day, without a trace, hardly anyone would miss me. I'm agoraphobic, social phobic, travel phobic, sickness phobic, you name it I've got it phobic - and since all that began I've lost more and more friends. People just don't have the patience with me anymore, and I don't blame them for that.

Anyway, I'm here and this looks like a great forum. I've been agoraphobic for about 12 years, but I think I've had tendencies towards it ever since I was a little girl. I've been married nearly 12 years, have 2 kids aged nearly 11 and nearly 10 and all these things have had some impact in changing my life, not always for the better. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and love my kids and I wouldn't change things for any reason, but before I met hubby I was outgoing, travelled the world, had a great job, lots of friends and was always up for an adventure. Then I moved to the middle of nowhere, got married, moved house, got a new job and fell pregnant all within 3 months of each other. Suddenly I was terrified of travelling, which was a bit of a problem as the hospital was 40 minutes drive from where we live, and I had to have a c-section to give birth - getting to the hospital was more traumatic than the actual birth [:I]

Over the years it's got so bad that I hardly ever leave home, and even more rarely leave the village where I live. My husband is on extended sick leave from work because he had to become my carer as I found it harder and harder to take the kids to and from school. One day it got to much for him and he basically had a nervous breakdown. We struggle along now - he does the school run and takes the kids wherever they need to go - he does all the shopping and runs all the errands. I do the laundry, the washing up and the cleaning [8)]

I have had some triumphs this past year, but right now would be happy if I never left the house again.

Well, I hope this isn't too long an introduction or too boring - if you've read this far, thank you, and I hope to get to know some of you soon.

Fact is the worst enemy of imagination

Hi

Welcome to the site

What sort of help have you had for this ? You can improve.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

thanks Meg,

I'll check out those links tomorrow - I'm off to bed now [:O]

Fact is the worst enemy of imagination

Hi BeadieJay

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find you are not alone here. Hope we can offer help and support in your recovery.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Welcome BeadieJay,

Glad you gave a good description of your issues, of which you seem to have quite a few.

I hope you will find that this site gives you a good degree of comfort, support, friendship as well as hope.

I think youcould attack the different phobias one by one, but maybe you could tackle the common link between them as an alternative. Maybe CBT is the answer - have you tried that?

You will want to get out of that house again and meet new friends - maybe not today, but once your mind has cut down of those trees to see the wood...

Take care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Beadiejay

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Hi BeadieJay

Welcome aboard!

Let us know if you have any specific issues or questions we can help with.

Nicola

Hi BeadieJay and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support

and make some great friends too!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

hey jay....youve come across a great site ...loads of good people ....loads o good advice.......take care

cam

Hi

I really felt for you as I read your message. When you said if you disappeared one day, hardly anyone would miss you, I'm sure deep down you know that's not true. Your husband sounds like he loves you so much and has been there for you for the good times and the bad. That's marriage, to be there for each other along the bumpy road.
    I'm sure you also know your children would miss you desperately, you are an important person in your family.

You sound like you had so much going on in your life in a relatively short space of time and it's not surprising it has affected you.

If ever you feel like a chat, please PM me. I'm a married mum with three children and like you, it hasn't all been plain sailing! :(

Take care

Jem xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information