Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling better in the evening?

Feeling better in the evening?

Hi all,
    I've been taking 20mg prozac for 3 days now (taking in the morning) I am getting up,taking the Prozac and then feeling so bad I just have to go back to bed .I feel dreadful for most of the day, anxiety, mind racing,not hungry. But then in the evenings start to feel better,not sure whether this is because the Prozac is kicking in then or if its purely psychological because I know it's nearly then end of the day and all I have to do is go to bed!
    I'm presuming its the latter as I've read it can take weeks for the effects to kick in.
    Anyone else feel like this? Thanks for any help

Re: Feeling better in the evening?

I was exactly the same before and after I started on Citalopram ..I know of others to have experienced this too .All I can say is It will get better once the tabs have stabilised and you are on the theraputic dose ...Hope you feel better soon HUGS Sue

Thankyou very much Sue :-) I just think that whoever 'made' a drug to treat depression/anxiety that actually makes you feel worse to start with has a very sick sense of humour!

Hi Fonzie

I know exactly how you feel, mornings are absolutely vile for me at the moment too (i'm on day 4 of seroxat). It is very common for anx/depression to be worse in the mornings on or off meds, unfortunately no one really knows why. All i want to do is stay in bed too, so i've asked my partner to drag me out of bed if needs be. Claire Weekes has a chapter on this morning feeling in 'self help for your nerves'.

These meds are so tough for the first few weeks. You just have to stay strong and concentrate on the little respite you are getting in the evenings.

Wishing you peace and solice
    Bexie

Thanks Bexie ,Hope you feel better soon too.I was put on Sertraline first which made me violently sick -only managed one day of it, now been on Prozac for 3 days, let me know how you are doing-would be good to know as we are at about the same stage.

Hi Fonzie

Willdo. This site is really good for med start - ups, it's such a horrible time and only those actually going through it at the time understand. I went through it last year on Cipralex (came off them too early, so back to square one), and once the symptoms improve it really is hard to remember how bad they were.

But I've taken both Cipralex and Seroxat at various times in my life and they have ALWAYS worked. So try not to fret, but you will need a lot of patience. You'll hear a lot of talk about the 2 week mark and that you should feel improvement by then. I found it often took a good bit more (5 weeks for first real signs of improvement and 3 months for full theraputic effect).

Stick with it Fonzie, It's going to be a wild ride

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Patience is never my strong point! But I will stick at it, the alternatives not good :-/

So True....replace 'patience' with 'grin and bear it'. Good times ARE on the way my dear.

Having a terrible morning-am going to stay with my Mum for a few days so wont be online as she doesnt have a computer, hope you are ok today.

Hi Fonzie

Hang in there, mornings will be tough for a while...I had a nightmare of one this morning. Feel a little better now. Enjoy any bright spots during the day, make them your amour against the bad times (got this from PsychoPoet - have you read his posts? they're fab)

Hope to talk soon

Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information