Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mind chatter?

mind chatter?

hi all
    currently in my 11th week of Cit [now at 30mg], and just wondering if anyone experiences a constant rush of thoughts in your head [esp in the mornings?!] and if so is that the 'mind chatter' that people speak of??

Re: mind chatter?

That sounds a lot like me. I call it the "annoying twit" - that voice that keeps going and going and going. Personally I had that before and have found my twit started to quieten down since I started the pills, but from what I understand they effect everyone differently.

I guess someone more experienced with this stuff on here might be able to tell you more :S

Hi Waterfall!

Yes, I've had this happen, too. It can be kind of scary really... but, before \I sarted taking cit, I used to have this happen very often, especially at nights so I didn't sleep, but now, I get these big mind buzzing moments, but also some nice, calm times.

Hi waterfall,

I certainly feel that waking up first thing is one of the worst times. I get all the worst feelings of dread then and my mind is racing at 1,000mph - I think its because I haven't slept well and I'm exhausted so it feels like the day is going to be really hard work. I find the best thing to do is just get out of bed and get on with the day, don't lie there letting your brain race away. You need distraction, get up and have breakfast and get going!

all the best,
    Gareth

The best supplement for mind chatter in my experience is inositol. This is the one thing I take that seems to reduce my negative and repetitive thinking. I notice a very positive difference in my thoughts and feelings when I am taking inositol.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks poet!
    how does one procure such a thing?
    ta

oops! i just found your thread about it!! thanks ignore my last ramblings...

No worries mate!

I find my mind chatter is probably the thing that has always done the most damage. I can have some pretty intelligent debates with myself (my mates will find that hard to believe) and I am sometimes scared of myself. However, the chatterbox is mostly an expression of inner fears that need to be dealt with, and as such it could be argued that the chatterbox is trying to help you. It just goes about it the wrong way.

thanks poet
    i also find the being 'disconnected/disengaged' from reality quite difficult to come to terms with....did that happen to you??
    i had [perhaps niavely] thought that since i am now in my 12th wk,that i would be 'back to my old self' as it were...perhaps i just need to be a bit more patient???

Trust me Waterfall, you won't get back to your old self overnight. Setting yourself that target will make you feel worse when it doesn't happen. Recovery is a journey with many steps, so keep up the stepping! One day you will start to recognise yourself again!

I lost the "disconnected" feeling when I realised the world hadn't changed -- I was just seeing it differently. Too many things in my life were new and unexpected, and that got on top of me because most of the events made me unhappy. I started feeling like I was living on an alien planet and I wondered how other people could laugh and go out and carry on as normal.

One day I suddenly realised that I had changed because of what I'd gone through. I had experiences that were alien to me - deaths, funerals, foreign travel, redundancy from a hateful job, worries about my family's health - and I interpreted it as though the whole world was different, which was totally the wrong way to think about it. (But it is understandable! Nobody should blame themselves for interpreting things badly -- instead they should try to change it so they interpret things positively!)

Life doesn't care about our plans. Life happens. Life is a neutral force which simply wants to exist. Therefore, happy human beings are the ones who roll with the punches and allow themselves to enjoy the good times. So you should never take anything for granted; things will change, things will be different, and we need to allow ourselves to change with them, because that means we're growing. It means we're living. And that is what life is all about.

So now people I care about have died, it has shown me to stop taking my friends and family for granted. Now that I've experienced the worst of anxiety, I enjoy the good times more than I ever have in my life. Now that I've seen suffering, it has made me determined to stamp suffering out and has given my life purpose and direction that was never there before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information