Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tocophobia - fear of being pregnant!

Re: Tocophobia - fear of being pregnant!

Hi Cat

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to think positively about things - I know most women who become pregnant for the first time must feel a bit apprehensive about what's to come and scared in case things go wrong so i'm trying to normalise that. I'm just worried as I don't want my anxiety issues to get on top of me again.

I'm hoping that once I get to 12 weeks i'll stop worrying so much about the 'things going wrong' side of things and that might make me feel less anxious.

Have you got a date for your IVF? I hope it's successful for you.

Zoe x

Hi I think it's simple Do or Don't!
    Might sound blunt and obvious BUT...... As I sit here someone whom 2 years ago had a brakedown and never suffered with panic attacks anxiety before 2011 - I Now feel trapped im due 19th tis month. If u like read some of my recent threads post I basically have driven myself into the ground because in my mind I just keep thinking almos daydreaming that I'm going to die! Or serious issue with baby. I've got 2 kids already BUT when I had them I wasn't a panic sufferer & let me tell U I had acute severe panic attacks that ruined my teaching career & 6 months of agrophobia. So I KNOW how bad the whole panic thing gets!

The thing is I know rationally I'm reading tooo much into the ultimate part of pregnancy But, what your doing is worrying about getting pregnant to start with. I can completely understand your concerns as a fellow GAD sufferer but your not even pregnant yet so this is not worth the level of stress your creating for yourself. U already know the facts , u have anxiety as it is , u want a baby, soo are u gonna let it stop u from having children , just to regret it later in life?

So it's either Do or Dont in my honest opinion - chat with your hubby about all these worries, perhaps speak to people who've been through the process or chat to your GP?

I know this thread is old. But I wanted to add that I too have this fear, and wanted to share my fear somewhere. I have been doing a lot of research on this subject and found this forum. So many women are saying what I feel inside.

I do NOT want to be pregnant. I know this with every fiber of my being.

However, I have gotten married and well now, the family (both sides) and husband want me to reproduce. I have agreed to adoption but thats not want anyone else wants. They want to know why I am not getting pregnant and the simple answer is; i don't want to.

I just don't.

I can't stand the thought of something being inside me and growing and moving. I can't stand the thought of the delicate state a women is when she is pregnant. I can't stand the though of my stomach getting so big and gross. And of course, the birth, who the hell wants that to happen to them?

I don't know what to do, but reading through many articles, there have been women to get through their pregnancies apparently just fine. I don't know what my future holds, but I wanted to share my story. Because there are SOOO many women like us, I feel we always feel safer in numbers.

I should also mention, I don't feel bad about not wanting to be pregnant, I don't feel I owe anyone an explanation or an apology, at the end of the day this is my body and mine alone. I do however, love my husband more than words could say, and I would feel like this biggest a**hole for not being a team mate, and doing what I am "supposed" to do.

:(

Hi I'm new here and I have this problem as well as others! Just wondering how you're getting on? Would be great to hear from you as I do feel very alone on this one's nobody Inc doctors, councillors haven't heard of it - great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen66 View Post
    Hi I'm new here and I have this problem as well as others! Just wondering how you're getting on? Would be great to hear from you as I do feel very alone on this one's nobody Inc doctors, councillors haven't heard of it - great!!!
    Hi Doreen,

I remembered a more recent thread with some currently active members on for this on the GAD pregnancy board:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=171956

Maybe they will comment on this thread or if not, at least you know there are some people around at the moment who could talk to you about this if you start a new thread for yourself, maybe?

Don't worry about the doctors not knowiing about it. I have OCD and there are many forms, some of which are largely unknown but anxiety shares many common elements with other disorders so treating fear is always possible in some way. Besides, those therapists/counsellors are supposed to be supervised if they are NHS so they can talk to their more experienced superiors anyway and there are always medical articles they can refer to.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information