Thread: The OCD mind and the lies..

Thumbs down The OCD mind and the lies..

Does anybody find there OCD mind tells lies like conscious thoughts passing by. I keep getting passing thoughts and I go oh no horrible OCD lies..it's really unpleasant it's like a big bully tormenting me. For example I went for an interview for my least favorite job my mind was like "You want this job, this is you dream job, I've been wanting a job like this, This job will change me" even though it's crap and I'd hate to be changed.

I dismiss it and my mind goes "oh you are accepting it so it means that's you, and I'm like oh no why am I getting these thoughts...maybe I'm turning maybe the OCD is making me like these thoughts? even if I don't". I get that cycle over lots of intrusive thoughts.

Just can't see a clear head at times. It's kind of worse as I've had a hard 2 years trying to get somewhere in life so feel soul destroyed and drained, not sure where I'm going and feel all out of luck. The OCD plays on that and makes me think I'll give up..never feel passionate about what I want again.
    Last edited by phil06; 17-11-09 at 00:30.

Re: The OCD mind and the lies..

it funny u should say that i have a constant deluge of thoughts that just seemed to be constantly there, it always seem to be the opposite of what we really think, i dont think we like these thoughts because if we did we wouldnt let them bother us, i have it all day long its like i have opened pandoras box of bad thoughts, i think they are not so much ocd as anxious thoughts that are just there to make u feel down, i try ignore them but its got to the stage where i am not sure how to think anymore.
    i am not sure how i used to think. so i just feel so confused .

wow i have just signed up to this site and it might sound silly but reading this brings tears to my eyes ! ihave intrusive thoughts that really confuse me bcos like you said ita like my mind is lying to me ...i can never jujst free my mind of them even tho i know its not what i want or what would be good for me but still my mind wont stop thinking about it ...its driving me crazy ....a huge part of me almost wants to go thru with the thought but im too scared to in the same sense cos what if its another big mistake i will make :( how do you cope?

Hello,

I understand what you are saying completely.Sadly OCD plays on what you fear most, the cycle of thoughts will continue if you start trying to fight them but if we accept them then surely they're true right? See thats how it gets you. I am just learning to accept that these awful intrusive thoughts I have are part of OCD, some days I understand they are but on my "episode" days I can't see anything but fog and fear! But yes it does lie to you and makes you think all kinds of things. You think because you are having these thoughts then you must enjoy them or want them.However being upset and constantly fear mean that these thoughts are not pleasant.Im just learning this, boy is it hard! Hope you triump over the monster of OCD!
    Best Regards x

I have intrusive thoughts that seem to dwell on fears and sometimes I will accidentally think what I fear like "I am going to be in a plane crash on Wednesday" if I am going to fly, or I may think by accident that I have a certain illness when I meant to think that I don't and then I think that it is an omen and it really is going to happen.

Does anyone else think things that they fear as if they are real and then you are convinced that the slip-up means that it is true? I always think that it is definite if I accidentally say the opposite of what I was trying to say, like a Freudian slip?

OMG Rachel W....this is exactely what happens to me! I have thought in the past that I am definately going to be in a plane crash one day, so of course I avoid flying because it feels so certain to me that it will happen because I have thought it. When I say I've thought it, its like its actually played out in my mind. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thread Information