Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding in between period

Bleeding in between period

I'm kinda freaking out here, went to the loo and noticed a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper it was bright red not like the start of a period where it is more browny , im not due a period until next thursday and i have niggly period back pain.
    My periods are pretty regular, I've never experienced this in between bleeding before and its really scared me , had a smear test about 6mths ago and tht was clear but im scared thats its something sinister like ovarian cancer or cervical (a great fear of mine) as i did google it , which i know i shouldnt have done but just found i couldnt help myself.
    I've also put a fair bit of weight on round my tummy as well but was puttting that down to the anti depressant im on, citalopram, but now im thinking its bloating caused by a huge mass on my ovaries due to cancer , im really scared and shaking here, help please I'm trying to stay calm as i dont want to die im only 38.

Re: Bleeding in between period

Hi Kitty, I wouldn't worry about this, your smear came back clear congrats on that, sometimes the body does this a week leading up to a period coming. As for the bloating and weight gain as u say that could be due to the meds - or the fact theres a bit of middle age spread going on there. If you had ovarian cancer believe me you'd have a lot more than spotting going on! go get urself a nice hot cuppa and relax yourself - You'll be fine

Dee xx

I was your age when I started to get wonky bleeding - I got bleeding between periods so would only have about a week bleed free then spot slightly until next period this would go on for about 4 months then go away for a couple of years and then come back. I am now 48 yrs old and for past 3 years have had totally weird bleeding - either nothing for months or bleeding constantly for months. I had all the tests and its all caused by hormone imbalance as you approach the menopause- the lead up can be up to 15 yrs!!!!!!!!
    I would say see if it happens in your next cycle and if so then go to Dr and you may be referred to gyny for hysteroscopy ( camera in womb) and pelvic ultrasound to check out ovaries etc and if you are like me after having these test numerous times you will be told its hormonal.
    I am trying natural progesterone cream from a private Dr as its not available on nhs as I was very oestragen dominent - after having a few fairly normal cycles I am now on the nothing for months again- so annoying.
    If you are really freaking then do go to Dr and ask for the tests to put your mind at rest rather than wait but you may find that after this period all returns to normal.

Thanks guys, it just scares me as ive never had any probs like this before and my mind goes into overdrive thinking the worst case scenerios, as i mentioned i have a great fear of ovarian cancer as i know when symptoms start its usually too late .

Hi Kitty

I get nonsense like this all the time Its called being female!!!!!

I really wouldent worry about it unless it keeps happening in which case see the doc

But really our bodies do these weird things

Luv Kaz x x x

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Thanks guys, it just scares me as ive never had any probs like this before and my mind goes into overdrive thinking the worst case scenerios, as i mentioned i have a great fear of ovarian cancer as i know when symptoms start its usually too late .
    Kitty, it's normal to get freaked out when something like this happens - Our heads go from rational to irrational in nano seconds. Fear just terrorises us on the spot. Hope you've calmed down a bit

take care - Dee xxx

Dee xx

hi kitty this had just happend to me,and im not due till next week,it seems to have made me feel jittery and im very hotIm also 38 im wondering if this could be the start of the menopause!!!!!!!!

Hi all

I am 37 (nearly 38) and have been having weird hormonal things for the last 2 years since having my 3rd child. I have mid-cycle spotting most months with cramps that has been known to go on for a week or more. I have also had spotting before my period.

I have had blood tests, smear and pelvic ultrasound - all normal. This doesn't stop me freaking out though so I know exactly how you feel. My doctors have put it down to a hormonal imbalance - women's hormones are so finely balanced that just a slight variation can cause bleeding. If your smear is fine, it is not cervical cancer. Ovarian cancer is rare under 50 and even rarer under 40. I am not sure of your situation but having had children and having been on the pill provides a great protection for both ovarian and uterine cancers (and apparently can protect for up to 15 years after coming off the pill).

I have just been put back on microgynon (took this for the 1st time over 20 years ago!!) to try to regulate things. I have only been on it for 6 days and have already had my period disappear after 2 days only to reappear today!! I know that the pill can cause spotting and breakthrough bleeding for a couple of cycles so I am trying not to worry.

What I am obsessing about is dvts now. My thighs ache in both legs but particularly my left. I do suffer from achy legs occasionally anyway but because of my HA, I am thinking it is something more sinister!!

I am sure you are fine but I can understand your concern as I have been there!! If you are worried, make an appointment to see you doctor. They may do some simple tests like a pelvic scan to check your ovaries etc to put your mind at rest.

Thanks everyone for replying, i have had two children and only really been on the pill for about a year in my late teens, i have ended up putting on an appointment with my doctor on tuesday morning as i know if i leave it i will just worry, im hoping that it is just hormonal maybe as im getting a bit older now , i dont have any abdo pain just a niggly back at the moment like im going to take a period, just wish i could get this fear of ovarian out my mind , im so tempted to google ovarian cancer but am trying not to as i know i will just really scare myself and have all the symptoms, i hate this HA just when you think you are getting to grips with it it reappears with a vengeance.

Don't google as tempting as it is - you could end up pecking the head of yourself as it is very misleading. You are doing the right thing by checking it out with your doc he will assure you all is well.

Dee xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information